Which grocery store closest to Ft. Wilderness?

alidelargy

Mouseketeer
Hi all,
Leaving in 2 days!!!! :-) We are driving for the first time and staying in the cabins for the first time. We would like to know which grocery store is your favorite? How far is it? And do you buy charcoal from the grocery store for your grill outside? or do you buy it at the Ft. ?
Thanks for your help!
;)

I'm assuming you will be driving I-95 to I-4 & coming into FtW from the east coast. With that information in mind, take exit 68 off I-4. Turn left at the end of the off-ramp which will take you under I-4. Stay in the right lane when you exit and go about 1 mile to Hotel Plaza Blvd. Turn right into the entrance to the plaza. The landmark to look for is an Uno's Pizza and a McDonalds. There is a Goodings Grocery Store in this plaza. Be warned however, they are very over-priced. Another alternative would be to continue past Hotel Plaza Blvd and procede another approximately 2 miles to a Winn Dixie grocery store, which will also be on the right side of the street. This is a very nice store which we frequent while at FtW.

There is a Goodie's right outside downtown Dis. but (if they are still open) you will pay about 35% more than Publix or Wally's World which are both about 2 miles away on 535.

I have to agree with above (not-withstanding that he is my hubby). I do not recommend buying groceries from the Trading Posts unless you are in dire need of an item. We have, on occasion, purchased things from there, however, it was what we considered an 'emergency'.:confused:

I woudl buy everything you want bfeore you get to the Fort. Disney prices are somewhat inflated *cough*

Before you leave, go onto Mapquest.com, and print out some maps for these locations:

Publix
Regency Village Shopping Center (Store #00812)
8145 Vineland Ave
Orlando, FL 32821-6847
Main: (407) 238-9924
Fax: (407) 238-4650

Publix
Century City Center (Store #00570)
2925 International Dr
Kissimmee, FL 34746-4407
Main: (407) 397-1171
Fax: (407) 396-2824

Publix
Poinciana Place (Store #00351)
2915 Vineland Rd
Kissimmee, FL 34746-5505
Main: (407) 396-7525
Fax: (407) 396-5423
Liquor Store: (407) 396-7221

Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #5420
3250 Vineland Road
Kissimmee, FL 34746
(407) 397-1125

Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #4332
8990 Turkey Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819
(407) 351-2229

Have a great trip!

TCD

I'll chime in on the warning about prices at Goodings Crossroads - selection is lame and prices are actually comparable (maybe higher) than you'll pay at the trading posts. :sad2:

We usually go to the Turkey Lake WalMart (see TCD's post) - only about a 10-15 minute drive from the Fort. And if you follow that road all the way to Kirkland (a few more miles) there's a really great Whole Foods on the right corner too.

I'll chime in on the warning about prices at Goodings Crossroads - selection is lame and prices are actually comparable (maybe higher) than you'll pay at the trading posts. :sad2:

We usually go to the Turkey Lake WalMart (see TCD's post) - only about a 10-15 minute drive from the Fort. And if you follow that road all the way to Kirkland (a few more miles) there's a really great Whole Foods on the right corner too.

I LOVE that Whole Foods and generally make one trip a month to it. Goodings is a joke, and the only reason they are still in business is because it is within a reasonable walking distance from the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd.

I highly recommend the Winn-Dixie. There is also a liquor store right in the same plaza. Prices are good and they have an awesome selection.
Our GPS actually found a back way thru Disney to Winn-D and we went at about 8pm and got all our stuff and were back asap.....

I highly recommend the Winn-Dixie. There is also a liquor store right in the same plaza. Prices are good and they have an awesome selection.
Our GPS actually found a back way thru Disney to Winn-D and we went at about 8pm and got all our stuff and were back asap.....

I appreciate everyone's reply. I think I'll try the Winn-Dixie. Also, good to know that there is a liquor store in the same plaza ;)

thanks again to all!
:)

We used Winn-Dixie as well - go online and sign up for their store card which they will mail you and save a little money while you're there.

On one of our no-park/laundry days we went early in the AM and were the only ones in the store.

We used Winn-Dixie as well - go online and sign up for their store card which they will mail you and save a little money while you're there.

You can actually sign up for the card right at the store too! Saved us lots of $$...

Yes..... do not go to Goodings!!! It so expensive. You don't save anything!!!
I use Publix (check out TCD post). It has good steaks, deli and the prices aren't too bad. We stop on the way in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter