Which DVC resort would you recommend

Which DVC Resort do you prefer for the whole experience?

• BLT

• Kidani

• Jambo

• VWL

• OKW

• BWV

• BCV

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dizznee Freak

Mouseketeer
I am having a hard time deciding on which resort to book. We own SSR and know about that one. I am just curious what are others favorite resort and why.

It seems every time we book a DVC reservation we never get to pick a favorite resort we always have to take whatever is left, or whichever place the owner actually owns his points at to book at the 11 month window. If you take all of that out of the equation and base it truly on my favorite I would have to vote for Kidani. :cloud9:

The BCV's are our favorite. :thumbsup2 We like the proximity to Epcot and the benefits of being in the Epcot resort area. And you can walk to take a boat to HS. It couldn't be more convenient. :)

:thumbsup2I think it depends on where you will be spending most of your time. We LOVE BLT. For our family we spend most of our time at either Epcot or MK so for us just being able to hop the monorail is a huge bonus on top of we just overall love the BLT feel so for our family we would choose that resort every trip but it all depends what your family does on vacation. I voted BLT. No matter what I think there is always good points to every DVC. :)

I own at BCV but have stayed at all, including the THV. I love the location of BCV because we tend to spend more time at Epcot than anyplace else. Also, the dining options within walking distance are of great appeal to us. If we have kids with us, we prefer BCV because of the pool but if it's just adults, BWV gets my vote for best overall.

If we are going just by the resort/room itself and not taking location into consideration, my favorite is definitely Kidani, savannah view.

My choice depends on my plans.

For unparalleled experience, AKV savannah view is my favorite.
Christmas time trips, VWL for decor and theming
F&WF trips, Boardwalk or Beach Club
Short trips I choose BLT for the MK views.
And finally, for long trips, 10 days or more OKW for the space and home away from home feel.

I am having a hard time deciding on which resort to book. We own SSR and know about that one. I am just curious what are others favorite resort and why.

It depends on the number of points I have available, what my plans are for the stay and when I am going. I usually book at my home resort at eleven months out and then see what might be available at seven months out. During Oct, Nov and Dec, it is hard to get anything but your home resort.

So when are you planning on going and what is the size of your party?

We have stayed at two thus far -- Old Key West and Animal Kingdom/Kidani. We love them both (we'll be back at OKW in August and AKL next year). I'll be at the Beach Club Villas in 17 days on a girls trip and Boardwalk Villas in December with hubby for a Christmas trip.

I have to give a slight edge to AKV because of the savannah; Old Key West though warms our heart because it is so beautiful and peaceful.

We have no interest in any of the other villas.

Have stayed at BCV and BLT our home resort , we prefer BCV because of the location and atmosphere. More to do and more dining choices and so close to Epcot our favorite park!

My choice depends on my plans.

For unparalleled experience, AKV savannah view is my favorite.
Christmas time trips, VWL for decor and theming
F&WF trips, Boardwalk or Beach Club
Short trips I choose BLT for the MK views.
And finally, for long trips, 10 days or more OKW for the space and home away from home feel.

I agree with this 100%

I can't decide between Kidani and Old Key West!!!

I think I would have to give OKW the slight advantage just on the room size alone. I also liked the proximity to all the parks - the bus ride never seemed very long no matter where we were headed.

We're staying at Kidani for our upcoming trip but I really can't wait to stay at OKW again!!

We don't stay DVC, but I voted for my 3 fav resorts, BC, WL & AKL. We have had multiple stays on the resort side.
Love BC for SAB, it's def my fav in summer, and location, location! Rooms are nice, love staying in Epcot area.

Love WL in winter or summer! Beautiful resort, a boat ride away from MK, but so peaceful.

And AKL is also wonderful, we've had pool view, Sunrise and Arusha views. Pool area is very nice, and large! Never feels crowded. Lots of great activities for adults too here.

Soo many resorts, too little time :goodvibes

I voted BWV since it's my home resort....just love it there!! We also own at BLT, and like it there as well.
I love Kidani though!! I would buy points there but the rest of the family isn't as crazy about it!!
I have stayed at SSR and will be back again in Dec. I would think that Kidani might be a great choice simply because it's so different then SSR.

Thanks for all of the input! For those that asked we have 300 points to use and are looking at either a 5 night or six night stay. We have 4 children (15,12,7,2).

I voted BWV since it's my home resort....just love it there!! We also own at BLT, and like it there as well.
I love Kidani though!! I would buy points there but the rest of the family isn't as crazy about it!!
I have stayed at SSR and will be back again in Dec. I would think that Kidani might be a great choice simply because it's so different then SSR.

I hear you about SSR. My wife and I agree that when it is just us two that may be more our speed, however the kids found it stuffy and boring.

We are looking at late August 2014

In that case, book your home resort at 11 months out. Then at seven months out see what is available for the points you have available. The Epcot resorts are good for visiting Epcot and DHS since you can boat or walk to those locations, but the bus to MK can be tough.

I love BLT for the easy walk home from MK after close but even more for the beautiful lake views early in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter