Which do you think is easier to reserve...

HeatherPage

<font color=darkcoral>Proud mommy, wife and WDW fa
two studios or a 1 bedroom? Due to not knowing if parents will be joining us right at this point but still wanting to secure a reservation and not wanting/having the points for a two bedroom, should I reserve the two studios first in case they are coming and then if they're not I can call back and change to a 1 bedroom or the other way around?

Thanks for any advice!

You didn't mention the resort or time of year, so I'll keep this quite general.

Personally, I would reserve two studios. If the parents decide not to accompany you, you can cancel one of the studios and try for a one-bedroom. If a one-bedroom is not available, you still have the studio.

If you reserve a one-bedroom now and need to change to a studio, there may be no studios avalable.

Good point Lew, thanks! The time of year I'm thinking about is late October/early November. I'm still not sure which resort I want to try. Home is Boardwalk - I've stayed there already, but my husband hasn't so I'd like him to see his home resort, but VWL would be nice since it's only a boatride away from the Magic Kingdom and I would love to go over to their big pool. I'm also considering OKW because I hear the rooms are bigger, the point usage is slightly lower and it has a beautiful tropical, calm exterior that I really like. (But we've only stayed there for one night-checked in at 10:00 p.m. and out the next day by 8:00 so we really didn't see a whole lot). But I guess that's a whole different other topic/debat - WHERE to stay :)

the studios different is slight in room size in all DVC resorts - but a 1-bedroom is definitely bigger at OKW.

studios are harder to get than 1-bedrooms - so get a studio at VWL and change to a 1-bedroom at OKW - well that is one solution.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter