~Which do you prefer...AOL or MSN??~

PrincessCandaceMarie

DIS Veteran
Hey Everyone ! I used to have AOL but now I have MSN and I'm not loving it....does anyone have thoughts, comments, a different ISP, etc. that can give me some input?? Thanks so much!!! :cool1:

I've "switched" to Cox in the last month or so. HATE IT!!! I like AOL MUCH better. Haven't canceled AOL yet. :rolleyes:

I've used AOL for about 8 years, have never had real problems. Even though I now have Verizon DSL, I don't want to get rid of AOL. It's cheaper with broadband - $14.95 vs $23.90.

We used to have Mindspring before cable...before that was Earthlink. I would NOT go with AOL...even if my life depended on it. Here's the new thing with AOL.... they say they 'protect' their customers from viruses and spam...um, no. What they are doing is not letting emails thru to you that have any type of web address or link in them. I have a client with aol, she had her pc crash :badpc: due to virus/worm. We use Yahoo online for our mail, and in our signature is our webpage address....most times, aol will "fail" our mail unless we turn our sig off. Absurd!! and the ironic part? We've had to email (w/o sig) all our friends and family to tell them aol is blocking their mail--without their knowledge. Wouldn't use aol, but, that's me/us.

We have AOL DSL (unlimited). We've had AOL for over 10 yrs. I won't let DH get rid of it. I've used many others at work. At work, we can't seem to get anyone good for a good price. :rolleyes:

At home, we've compared prices for others (recently too).....but AOL is still our best bet for the plan we are on. DH travels alot, and while at hotels, he uses the 15 hrs dial up that we have included with DSL.

We have a good rate with AOL, because I keep "threatening" to leave. (shhhhh -- our secret. LOL) We would only save $5 to switch to Verizon..and we would lose the free dial-up hours.

bubba's mom said:
I would NOT go with AOL...even if my life depended on it.

ITA with you. And canceling AOL is like trying to leave a cult...they do everything but promise you their first born child to get you to stay with them. Don't do it. RUN!

Of course, this is MHO from my past experience.

bubba's mom said:
Here's the new thing with AOL.... they say they 'protect' their customers from viruses and spam...um, no. What they are doing is not letting emails thru to you that have any type of web address or link in them. I have a client with aol, she had her pc crash :badpc: due to virus/worm. We use Yahoo online for our mail, and in our signature is our webpage address....most times, aol will "fail" our mail unless we turn our sig off. Absurd!! and the ironic part? We've had to email (w/o sig) all our friends and family to tell them aol is blocking their mail--without their knowledge. Wouldn't use aol, but, that's me/us.

Some of that can be because the mail recipient has the email security level set to HIGH. You can simply lower it. I have NO trouble with wanted emails getting thru to me....from individual parties or mass mailings. And, I also don't get SPAM like I do at work. Any emails AOL isn't sure of are sent to your SPAM folder. I get about 2 a day in there. I just check them....and they are actually SPAM 99% of the time. Other times, it may be a mass advertising mailing from a website I have signed up at.

SplshMtn99 said:
Some of that can be because the mail recipient has the email security level set to HIGH. You can simply lower it. I have NO trouble with wanted emails getting thru to me....from individual parties or mass mailings. And, I also don't get SPAM like I do at work. Any emails AOL isn't sure of are sent to your SPAM folder. I get about 2 a day in there. I just check them....and they are actually SPAM 99% of the time. Other times, it may be a mass advertising mailing from a website I have signed up at.
I agree with that. I get job notifications from various places. They kept going to my spam folder, so I called AOL to see what's up. That's exactly what they told me...reset my security level for spam. Since I did that, I have no problem.

SplshMtn99 said:
Some of that can be because the mail recipient has the email security level set to HIGH. You can simply lower it.

I understand that....but it is every person in our mailbox? It's everyone??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter