• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which DHS would you do?

Which DHS restaurant?

• Suck it up and pay 2 TS for Brown Derby. It's great!

• Mama Melrose

• Holywood and Vine

Results are only viewable after voting.

SamanthaL

<font color=purple>I got the cute kids AND <font c
I have ressies for Brown Derby but I am not sure it's worth 2 table credits on the DDP. I am thinking of switching it.

WWYD?

When going over plans for an upcoming trip with hubby and another couple, I mentioned Brown Derby as we've never tried it. I also mentioned it's been getting less than stellar reviews. We've all been to Sci-Fi Dine In together before and enjoyed it very much, and they all voted to go there again instead. So, that's WHAT WE'RE DOING!

I chose Mama Melrose...which is where we've gone the last three trips. Disney could NOT pay me to eat at Hollywood & Vine ever again and Brown Derby--did it once, highly unlikely we'd go back, and definitely not worth two credits in our opinion (bad service, mediocre food, and DH hated the must praised grapefruit cake).

IMO . . . Brown Derby is not worth 2 DDP credits . . . we had a terrible experience there . . . waitress dropped food on us (twice!) and the food was just okay.

I voted for Mama Melrose, but only because you left the option off the poll that I would have chosen:
Leave the park at dinner and head to a resort hotel and have a nice meal.

I voted for Mama Melrose, but only because you left the option off the poll that I would have chosen:
Leave the park at dinner and head to a resort hotel and have a nice meal.

:lmao::lmao:

Although we like Mama Melrose, I have to agree with you...sometimes it is better to go to one of the other resorts.

I will be voice of dissent and say that we have eaten there twice, as recent as Oct 08, and were very pleased with the food and service. Both of our entrees were cooked properly and were very tasty indeed. Our server kept our drinks full and was very attentive. I love the atmosphere and it is a nice respite from the park.

But if you making your decision based only on dollar for dollar value for the DP then this is probably not your best choice.

Unfortunately, DHS does NOT have the best dining options!

That being said, don't waste 2 TS credits on the Brown Derby! Definitely, definitely not worth it. The portions are very small, and the food just isn't that great. I wasn't crazy about the service or atmosphere either. Pick one of the other two.

No I don't think it is worth 2 TS, we ate there during free dining in 2007 and felt it was only OK... Certainly not up to the standard of CG or YS where we also ate at.

While we've always enjoyed our meals at HBD, I think it's terrible value on the dining plan. I'd opt to leave DHS and eat at the Boardwalk or Epcot, both of which are close enough to make traveling easy.

Hmmm. Well I guess I missed the boat. I called to see what else was available in the park and there is nothing. I am sick of the 50's Prime Time, Sci-fi's food was eh last time but the service was great, and there isnt anything at Hollywood and Vine or Mama's. I kept the Brown Derby because it is a place I have been meaning to try. I like to try new places during each trip.

I think what we will do is pay out of pocket for the BD and I added a breakfast that morning at Cape May. I can't believe everything booked so fast for October! I just got to 90 days on Sunday and I had my pick! Everything filled in 48 hours.

We ate at Brown Derby on our Sept trip last year, and it was TERRIBLE! Loud, children running and screaming, and the ambiance that used to be there was just gone. The food was not good either- my husband's entree was covered with lettuce leaf and so small of a steak. Even dessert was lacking in quality. It was sad!

In my opinion BD is not worth a 2tb service. I go with MM if it were me or Prime Time.

We like Hollywood & Vine. Brown Derby is definately not worth the 2 TS credits. Mama Melrose is alright but we like the buffet.

We've had dinner twice at MM and once at HBD.

Both are good, and my kids in particular really liked HBD.

Both are good, but I do not believe HBD is "worth" two TS.

I enjoyed Brown Derby but don't think its worth two credits. I like to go at lunch, split a cobb salad and a piece of grapefruit cake and that's about it.

I didn't vote because I am a die hard Sci Fi lover and also enjoy Prime Time. And those weren't on your poll! But I can say that in my opinion, Brown Derby is not as good as the other two ts places I have eaten at.

If I wanted to burn two credits near MGM, I'd go over to Yachtsmen.

We like the Brown Derby; have been three times. Used the 2TS on the first trip; however, the last two visits, paid cash, used my TIW card and split some of the entrees. The Cobb salad is great and enough for two for about $15.

DHS is lacking a variety of TS dining that would make me want to recommend any of their current choices. It is my perception the two DDP ticket set up is designed to discourage dining plan participants from dining at these establishments.

Personally, I would recommend taking the water transportation down to the Boardwalk or even Epcot if you have hopper tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter