Which Deluxe would YOU pick?

Kara

Mouseketeer
If you had a coupon and could stay at a deluxe, where would you stay and why?

Poly would be out because we would look at something new.

Well, what are you looking for?

BC/YC has a great pool and a great location if you like Epcot and DHS.

CR & GF are both on the monorail, if you like MK but want to try something other than the Poly.

AKL has IMO the best theming, great activities, and a unique experience with the animals out on the savannas.

Just depends on what you want. We can't ever choose just one, so we end up doing split stays. They are all nice.:goodvibes

We absolutely LOVED AKL and look forward to staying there again!! And for our next trip, we are very excited to try CR Tower MK view!!!

For our next trip, I'm hoping to stay somewhere on the monorail since we'll have our DD (then 3) in tow! I'd love the POLY but interested in CR, too. GF is gorgeous but I think I'd feel out of place with DD.

For our next trip, I'm hoping to stay somewhere on the monorail since we'll have our DD (then 3) in tow! I'd love the POLY but interested in CR, too. GF is gorgeous but I think I'd feel out of place with DD.

GF has a bit of reputation of being "snobbish" but this is totally not true. You'd be absolutely fine there with kids.

GF is absolutely georgous, just a themed as the other resorts but much stubtler. I absolutely loved it and spent my whole time there in jeans and T-shirts and didn't feel out of place.

The only thing I would say is a downside is that if you have a car with you, the self-park car park is actually across the road from the resort, so in the end I just valet parked while I was there.

Monorail would be nice but I dont want to limit to that. AKL pictures look very cool so far!!
We have two boys, ages 11 and 8....love to swim if they can. Other than that, I'm not picky..I just want to go back LOL!! And the coupon is tempting me!!!!

Guess I need to find all the picture threads...how did you narrow it down???

Everyone does love Epcot as well so I"ll have to take a look at BC/YC too.

We stayed at the GF with our DD when she was 2 and again when she was 3 years old. We didn't feel out of place at all. In fact, she loved it there. Don't feel like you can't stay there with a toddler -- after all, it's in WDW and most people there have kids with them!:goodvibes

Monorail would be nice but I dont want to limit to that. AKL pictures look very cool so far!!
We have two boys, ages 11 and 8....love to swim if they can. Other than that, I'm not picky..I just want to go back LOL!! And the coupon is tempting me!!!!

Well, since you like Epcot and the boys love to swim, definitely check out the YC/BC -- they share the best pool on the property.

The pool at AKL is wonderful, too, but no resort pool compares to Stormalong Bay.;)

Going through the specific resort threads, like the AKL one and the BC/YC one will help you narrow down your choices. And check out the photo threads for each resort you are considering -- sometimes looking at the photos can really help you decide which one feels "right" to you.:goodvibes

If was planning to spend most of my time at Epcot and/or DHS, I would stay at the Beach Club for the location and amazing Pool complex.

If I was maybe going to be at MK more, I'd pick the GF. I love it because it's "fancy" but you don't feel out of place walking around in shorts and t-shirt since almost every else is. I could spend hours just sitting in the lobby listening to the pianist there!

You will get a mix of every possibility on this one!

I would vote YC - we just returned from a stay here and were very pleased.

We absolutely love the Epcot resorts -- Boardwalk, Beach Club, and Yacht Club with preference for the Beach Club because of Storm Along Bay. However this next trip we are going to be staying at the Grand Floridian.

I've stayed at many of the Deluxes through the years. The only one I didn't care for was the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

How about Wilderness Lodge? It is located in Magic Kingdom and it's an absolutely beautiful deluxe resort. Check it out... ;)

GF is my favorite hands down. We love the decor and DD loves the rock pool. Location and service also make this a favorite pick. We always do a split stay betwwen the GF and AKV-Kidani (We're DVC members). We love Kidani too, but not Jambo so much. Each has its perks, I would feel slighted if I couldn't stay at both each trip - these are my favorites:goodvibes

1. Check out this website. TONS of pictures! http://allears.net/index.html

2. Have you even considered a DVC Resort? We have 2 girls, same ages, stayed at Old Key West in a 1-bedroom villa last year. Our villa was HUGE and had a kitchen and washer/dryer. I would strongly urge you to consider a DVC resort. I think price-wise Saratoga Springs and Old Key West are on par with the Deluxe Resorts. And you get sooooo much more! :thumbsup2

3. If I had to pick a Deluxe - I would go with Beach/Yacht Club for the same reasons others have mentioned here.

Happy Planning!

If you will have your own car do AKL. Your kids will love it!! But the buses can be a downfall. I wouldnt hesitate if you have a car to drive to the parks. If no car, I would do an Epcot resort. My first pick would be Beach Club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter