Which deluxe resort more geared for adults?

tinkerrn

Needing 'pixie dust'!!
Which deluxes are geared more for adults....aka. less children? Which are quiet and less stimulating?

You will find children at all the resorts. I would definitely go with a Deluxe resort. You'll run into children everywhere at the moderates or values. I agree with the previous poster, the Yacht club is very grown up however the pool is filled with kids. So if you want a quiet pool experience the yacht club is not for you. But the decor is very adultish, excellent resaurants at the YC and at the nearby resorts and world showcase. Also good choices might be the Swan and Dolphin, Grand Floridian, and the Polynesian. The polynesian is very romantic, saw a few weddings take place during our stays. The poly is very convienent transportation wise. Tough choice good luck to you.

Another vote for either the GF or Yacht Club.

However, unless you plan on spending the majority of your time at the Magic Kingdom, I would go with the Yacht Club.

BC (before kids), my wife and I always stayed at the BW, which is right across from the YC. Without kids, we knew we wouldn't even go to the MK, so there was no reason for us to stay at a monorail resort. By staying at the YC, you will be a short walk to Epcot, and a short boat ride to MGM Studios.

You are a short walk to the BW, so you will have more late night entertainment options then at the GF. You are also a short bus ride or car ride to DTD. The bus ride from the GF to DTD is unbearable.

If it were just my wife and I, would def take the Yacht Club over the GF.

We saw very few kids staying in the main building at the GF. We also saw very few kids at the BWI.

Anne

Another option to consider is VWL. Yes, there are kids at the resort, but it seems remarkably quieter than most other resorts. The Hidden Springs pool and spa right by the Villas is much quieter than the main pool area since there is no slide and no poolside drink shack. You can walk the path between FW and VWL (about 1 mile) and may not encounter a soul. There is also a nature trail to explore where other people are usually few and far between. There is a health club on the bottom floor of VWL, too. As for dining, Artist Point is a superb restaurant which does have a kid's menu, but since it's rather upscale, my wife and I usually leave our young daughter at the Cubs' Den. Finally, VWL has its own lobby that is perfect for curling up with a book and cup of coffee (or more adult-oriented libation), talking to your SO, or just relaxing. It's a very quiet area of the resort.

I noticed in another thread you are asking for preferences between GF SL and Poly concierge. Well, if you are wanting less kids stear clear of Poly concierge. The lounge is loaded with kids - crawling with kids and lots of unbehaved, unsupervised kids.

I really like the Poly and the GF RPC (we'll will be staying at both in a few days!! but I know what to expect of the Poly), so I didn't answer to that other thread, but I had to answer to this one! ;)

I agree that the GF probably has fewer kids, the main building especially vs sugar loaf. Lots of families stay SL. RPC is much more quiet and the times I have been the kids were much better behaved than anywhere else. I prefer RPC over SL any day.

Happy planning!

Lives4Disney :sunny:

I agree about the kids in the concierge lounge at the Polynesian. I've found the Boardwalk to have fewer kids but like the Yacht Club, the pool tends to have lots of kids in it. The quiet pool at the Boardwalk is usually very quiet and romantic at night.

GF all the way. I remember sitting in the lobby have a cocktail with hubby, those were the days before kids. Now it's Pop with kids, I'm glad we were able to live it up at one time. Nancy

If your plan is to get away from kids.....it ain't going to happen/it's Walt Disney World. Their impact is probably consistently less at the Grand Floridian than any other place. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter