Which deluxe during the holidays?

DisneyDreamGirl87

Mouseketeer
Hi all!

Myself, DH, and new baby will be going to the world for two nights the week before Christmas. Which deluxe would you guys recommend or is your favorite? Baby will only be 6 months so do you think staying at a monorail resort would be the best
Thanks!

WL has the best Xmas decorations IMO and then GF. If you are only staying 2 nights and want to be on the monorail I would pick GF if you can afford it.

We just don't find the POLY (love it!) or CR to be that Xmas-like.

WL does have the boat to MK also but I'm not sure how convenient that would be with a baby.

We have it narrowed down to GF and Poly but from what I've been reading the Poly doesn't have the best holiday decorations. Is this true?

We have it narrowed down to GF and Poly but from what I've been reading the Poly doesn't have the best holiday decorations. Is this true?

Very True .... as nice as the Poly is, it lacks that Christmas vibe when compared to WL and the GF.

25e1a050.jpg

GF

6034bb5f.jpg

WL

5724882c.jpg

WLV

Poly-Tree-02.jpg

The Poly

GF and WL are my favorite, but I would prefer to stay at WL. Seems like there are just so many people in the lobbies at GF, with the amount of restaurants, the piano player, the band, it just seems like that area is always packed with people.

I prefer the laid back atmosphere of the WL, which is less accessible from the parks than the monorail resorts.

The Poly is our favorite resort overall, but between the Poly and GF in December, the GF wins out when it comes to Christmas decorations :santa:.

I would have to say WL. It is really great. They have a huge tree in the middle of the resort inside, they have the fireplace that runs and the decorations are just great.

Is there transportation besides buses to the Magic Kingdom at WL?

There is a boat but the bus is much faster as it does not share with anyone else and goes directly to MK. Also, more people try to take the boats so sometimes we would have to wait for the second boat (as the first would fill with the line of people) but the bus was never crowded.

I love the WL during the holidays. It's just beautiful. With that said, you have a baby, so I would do the GF for the monorail (and hope it isn't in breakdown mode).

GF.

you said you narrowed it down between GF and Poly and of the two, if it's decorations you want, then GF wins, hands down. i actually really liked the Poly at christmas but there is no comparison to the way GF is decorated.

with a baby that age, i think the monorail would be wonderful, no need to wake a sleeping baby to load up onto a bus. no folding a stroller.

Stayed a few nights @ the GF this December - love it at Christmas. In addition to the beautiful, huge tree and the wonderful smell of the full size gingerbread house, there's the grand piano player in the lobby during the day and he sometimes plays Christmas carols in addition to his normal music. Unlike the Poly, I find the GF lobby to be a nice place to sit for a bit and just soak in the atmosphere of the lobby - it feels very serene to me. The Poly (where I've also stayed in Dec.) has nice decorations, but they aren't comparable to the GF.

Thank you for all the great insight! GF is looking like our top choice because of the beautiful decorations and convenience! Now if only December wasnt so far away...

Grand Flo, hands down. Stayed there Christmas 2011 and it was the best Disney Resort experience of my life. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter