Which dates are better? Right around T-giving

Melissa R

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to help my SIL decide if she should change her reservation. (I can't believe she's asking for help!!! Usually no one appreciates my Disney info!)

She has relatives coming from Montana to go to WDW with her family (DH and two kids ages 4 and 4 months). They currently plan to be there from Tuesday to Thursday (Thanksgiving). They can change their plans (if there are hotel rooms open) to the Friday - Sunday after T-giving. Which dates are better for lower crowds?

The one interesting thing is that she says there are FL resident discounts for the Friday after T-Giving on, but aren't the discounts usually offered for less busy times? I would think the weekend after the holiday would be just as busy as the days before, but there were no discounts then.

Any advice will be appreciated!

HI! I work at WL. I was informed this week {I don't know if this info is accurate...so, check me out ok...} that Disney is full or nearly full the week of Thanksgiving. So, I'd call and check to see if the on property hotel is full and for what dates before you decide to change a thing!

Melissa

Hi. We were at Disney Thanksgiving week in 2001. We were there from the Friday before till the Friday after.

The crowd were pratically nonexistant up till Wednesday afternoon before Thanksgiving and proceeded to get busier and busier up till we left.

So, if it were me and I was going again around that time I would still to the before dates rather than after.

Hope I helped.

Tamie

Wow, I'm so not sure which way to go on this. It almost seems like "six of one, half dozen of the other!" I take my semi-annual trip to the World from the Saturday after Thanksgiving to the following Saturday. The first two days, especially Saturday, are pretty crowded (especially the Magic Kingdom, as it stays open late and has more parades/shows than it will the entire following week). After that, it always seems to go back to very, very manageable, low crowd levels.

I would guess that the Tuesday before Thanksgiving would probably be great, with most people arriving Wednesday or even Wednesday evening. Thursday, Friday, Saturday would all be packed, because of folks on vacation, with things leveling and falling off from Sunday on.

So I suppose what I'm really saying is... I'm no help at all! LOL

Richard

We went last year, Friday before Thanksgiving to Thanksgiving Day. I agree the crowds were nonexistent until out the day before.

I;M GOING THE 14-23 IS THIS A LESS CROWDED TIME. MY DAUGHTHER WEARS A BACK BRACE AND LONG LINES MAY BE TOO MUCH SHOULD I DO EE:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter