Which cruise?

Shellbells

DIS Veteran
We're looking into doing one of the fireworks cruises to take from Wilderness lodge.
At first I was going to book the Pirate or fairy tale one but with 4 people, its cheaper to do the private pontoon.
Do you recommend MK or Epcot?
Also, if we choose the MK one will we get to see the water parade?
Thank you!

We're looking into doing one of the fireworks cruises to take from Wilderness lodge.
At first I was going to book the Pirate or fairy tale one but with 4 people, its cheaper to do the private pontoon.
1. Do you recommend MK or Epcot?
2. Also, if we choose the MK one will we get to see the water parade?
Thank you!
1. First, know that only cruises for MK can launch directly from the Wilderness Lodge.
(Epcot Cruises launch from the Epcot Resorts area, but anyone can choose to book them.)
2. Depends on the timing of the fireworks vs. the timing of the Electrical Water Pageant.

They offer a greater number of MK cruises (there's far more area on lake(s) near MK for the boats
than at Epcot) so the MK cruises are easier to book.
Thousands enjoy the MK cruises.

I personally prefer the Epcot cruise, because you are actually IN Epcot with the I-cruise, you get to experience the full "surround audio" that is so much a part of the IllumiNations show.
Just for comparison-
You can get an identical view (albeit among many other guests) if you watch from the bridge between UK and France (#6 below.)
The boats from the I-Cruises all tie up beneath (#7 below) that bridge to view the show.

Epcot International Gateway Area
Epcot-IntlGate-E-042508.jpg

Epcot-IntlGate-N-042508.jpg

Epcot-WS-GE-060608.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you so much! This was extremely helpful. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter