Which cruise should I do for my honeymoon?

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
I'm conflicted on which cruise to do for my honeymoon.

The cruise I currently have booked: Celebrity Silhouette 15 nights, Leaves from England, goes to Ireland and Iceland.

For $3,000 less we could switch to Disney and do the transatlantic from England to New York. It's ten nights and doesn't have as many ports, but it's less days so we could fly to Europe a couple days early, maybe even into Iceland on a stop over to England.

I'm not sure if I'm just nervous about going on Celebrity for the first time, but it's a pretty big savings to switch.

What do you think?

Do the Disney one and visit London.
Great disney shows.
Relaxing cruise.
Disney service.
15 nights a bit too long, too much food, too much weight on.

Last edited:

The cruise I currently have booked: Celebrity Silhouette 15 nights, Leaves from England, goes to Ireland and Iceland.

For $3,000 less we could switch to Disney and do the transatlantic from England to New York. It's ten nights and doesn't have as many ports, but it's less days so we could fly to Europe a couple days early, maybe even into Iceland on a stop over to England.

I'm not sure if I'm just nervous about going on Celebrity for the first time, but it's a pretty big savings to switch.

What do you think?
I'd go with the Celebrity one. Several reasons: it's longer (IMO, longer is better); Haven't been to Iceland yet, and would love to return to Ireland; more ports; and we've not done Celebrity yet.

What do you think?

Is your primary goal to visit ports or just cruise?

I have no personal experience with Celebrity, I have friends that love cruising with them.

What do you think?

For a honeymoon... I'd do Celebrity Silhouette. The ship looks amazing (Don't get me wrong, the DCL ships are beautiful... but they don't hold a candle compared to the Silhouette) and the itinerary sounds amazing as well. I heard a lot of good things about Celebrity. Also, less kids so more of a "honeymoon" kind of ambiance. :)

It'll be our first time as a couple to Europe together so more ports is probably preferable. I would have loved to do the Disney Iceland cruise but its more than double the cost of the one we have booked. I think I'm just nervous about going on Celebrity when I know I love Disney. I wish the transatlantic had a couple more stops in Europe and less in Canada

I'm typically not a fan of port intensive itineraries, where each day you are in a new port. Part of cruising (to me) is the relaxation part. But I understand others see it differently. Europe is a huge place. And not everyone makes multiple trips in their lifetime there. So try and figure out what type of vacation you want. Go go go ? Fine dining? See lots of places? See only a few places?

I think it depends on the type of trip you are looking for. Are you looking for lounging, relaxing, sleeping in, and enjoying the romantic part of your honeymoon? I'd choose Disney for all the sea days. Are you looking for activity and adventure with lots of sightseeing and things to do, I'd choose Celebrity. They both sound like amazing trips, just different.

Iceland as land only is VERY expensive. Had you looked into what a stopiver, lodgings etc would cost?

Iceland as land only is VERY expensive. Had you looked into what a stopiver, lodgings etc would cost?
No I hadn't priced out anything yet. I think we are still too far out to make those type of arrangements since it's for next year August.

It's so hard to decide I wish I could do both. I think we are going to stick with the celebrity since the ports are more of interest to us than the transatlantic. I'm thinking the transatlantic might be a good cruise when we have a baby and it's a year old.

I think you're making the right call. Yes, the Celebrity cruise costs a little more for 5 extra days, but that's 5 more days where you can relax and just enjoy yourselves before getting back to terrible things like "work" and "paying bills" etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter