Which Character Meal Would You Choose??

Which character meal would you choose for a family with two young girls?

• Cinderella's Royal Table

• Princess Storybook Dining in Norway

• Other - Please explain.

Results are only viewable after voting.

SharpMomOfTwo

DIS Veteran
We have two little girls - they will be 3 and almost 5 when we go back in Dec/Jan. We are only going to go to one character meal, and can't decide which one. We know we want to do the dinner though. Which would you chose - Princess Storybook Dining in Norway or Cinderella's Royal Table?

TIA

Dinner at CRT doesn't have the princesses. It is just Cinderella in the lobby and the Fairy Godmother at dinner.

PSD does have the princesses. I would check on all ears menu to see if it appeals to you. We did the lunch once and DH wasn't a fan of the food so now we do Princess Storybook Breakfast instead.

You might like the dinner at the Grand Floridian, 1900 Park Fare. Cinderella, Prince Charming and the Step Sisters are there. Much less expensie then CRT.

For dinner I would do the Princess storybook, CRT does not have all the princesses at dinner and we did the dinner at Princess storybook and my 2 and 4 yr olds had a great time,, plus there you will get a photo package(included) that you would not get at 1900 Park fare, if you are on the Disney dining Plan it is only 1 dining meal not 2 like at CRT. If you want the princesses at CRT you should go for breakfast or lunch, we went for lunch because my children don't eat much for breakfast, i'm sure when they get older we will do more of the character breakfasts but for now we stick to the lunch or dinners so we can get the most value for our meals popcorn::

Dinner at CRT doesn't have the princesses. It is just Cinderella in the lobby and the Fairy Godmother at dinner.
PSD does have the princesses. I would check on all ears menu to see if it appeals to you. We did the lunch once and DH wasn't a fan of the food so now we do Princess Storybook Breakfast instead.

You might like the dinner at the Grand Floridian, 1900 Park Fare. Cinderella, Prince Charming and the Step Sisters are there. Much less expensie then CRT.

Wow thanks for that - I think this makes my decision. Why would they do that?? Seems stupid to me, but whatever. We did CRT for breakfast last year, and thought it would be nice to do dinner this year, but not now! Already did Norway for dinner, but it was very nice, so we will be back again! Thanks again!!

I agree with the previous posters - go with Akershus. The atmosphere is nice, the food is great, you still get the photo package for 1 TS credit, and there are plenty of princesses for your girls to enjoy.

PSB is the place to be. Picture package & 5 princesses with great interaction. IMO not as rushed as other character meals. Princesses spend more time at table, it was DD7 fav last year. For the adults good food, nice salad & app bar, choice of entree & the dessert plate. Great time you will enjoy.

I voted "other" just to put Crystal Palace into the mix. For age 3 & 5 Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet are usually a big hit!

For 2 credits, I don't really think the CRT dinner is a good value. We went when dd was 10 and ds was 7 and while I'm glad my kids have the memory of dinner at the castle, the reality is that we were really rushed and the service was just so so.

We're trying Akershus this August - I was shocked that I could get an ADR 60 days out! Good luck with your decision!

If they're into princesses, you've already hit the two big choices. If you want to see Mickey and friends in a casual, non-rushed atmosphere, try the Garden Grill. I know it gets bad-mouthed a lot, but DH and I have had some of our best character interactions there. It's relatively small, so the characters spend time with you and you often see them twice over the course of your meal. Even though we're childless adults, we've had some great antics from them (I think they can sense who wants to play along, regardless of age). And they spend even more time at the tables with kids...we've seen people having a blast with them there.

Have you asked your DD where they want to eat?
We decided to skip CRT when we went in December with my 3 1/2 year olds. They kept on asking us when are we having breakfast in the castle.

Okay, I put CRT before I saw it was for dinner, I would do Akershus, good meal and the Princesses are great!

My vote would be for CP. I think they would love the Pooh characters. Try breakfast prior to park opening -- it would be way cool to see the castle before the crowds.

I am not a big fan of either for dinner. The food at CRT is great for dinner, but no princesses except Cinderella in the lobby for photos. Akerhaus is my least favorite as far as food goes, but you get most of the princesses in one place. 1900 Park Fare, you will get fair food, much better than Akerhaus's Norwegian fare and more interaction with the Cinderella group including Prince Charming.

We have taken our nieces to the Princess Breakfast in Norway twice, the first time the little one was 3 and the second time she had just turned 6.....she had a blast, the girls loved the food (you can special order pancakes) and they had a ball with the Princesses....to this day the little one still talks about it and cannot wait to go back there.

My DD4 and I went to CRT and Princess breakfast in Norway. We enjoyed them both, but we preferred 1900 Park Fare dinner with Cinderella and Prince Charming. The character interactions were much better and more spontaneous, and there is music and dancing and more going on with the other characters. If you're going for food though, CRT and Norway Princesses had better food. CRT has no princesses for dinner, so if you're looking for a good visit with Cinderella, try Park Fare :)

Out of your 2 choices it would be the Castle. My choice would be CHEF MICKEY'S.

Since you are going for dinner I voted for the princess meal in norway because the castle doesn't have the princesses at dinner.

Our extended family has enjoyed 1900 Park Fare's dinner at lest 6 times. Once the dinner didn't seem up to par, but every other time, the last time being in Novemer '08, it was deemed excellent by all 8 of us, including the 3 DGC, 3, 4 and 5 at the time.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I voted CRT but need to change my vote when I read dinner.

Breakfest of Lunch, CRT because the castle is magical and the princesses are there.

For Dinner, eat in Norway!

For two little girls I would go with CRT. Its not my favorite place, but a must for two princesses. princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter