Which are the hardest reservations to get?

Janet-TX

Wishing on a Star
Will be arriving 10/26 and departing 11/1. Here is a list of "stuff" we want to do. How would you rank them on "hard to get" reservations?

Star Wars Guided Tour - HS
Cinderella's Royal Table - breakfast - MK
Be Our Guest - MK
Pirate's League - MK
Tusker House Rivers of Light Breakfast Package - AK
Mama Melrose Fantasmic Dinner Package - HS
Wild Africa Trek - AK

I can only speak to a few of these. Of the ones we've considered/experienced, I'd rank Royal Table most difficult to get, Be Our Guest next for pre-park breakfast/lunch, perhaps slightly easier for dinner, and Mama Melrose easiest - we didn't have any trouble getting Fantasmic package reservations.

I'm going in the middle of August and there is availability for all the restaurants right now except BOG dinner and lunch.
BOG dinners have definitely been the hardest for me to get. There are only a few lunches left for BOG on one day of our trip. There are plenty breakfast openings for BOG.
Right now I see plenty of CRT breakfast reservations and plenty of Fantasmic packages.
The Rivers of Light dining package is not open yet for me but have heard they are not swooped up like BOG.
We have never done the Star Wars Guided Tour, ,Wild Africa Trek or Pirates League so I cant speak for those
So yes BOG dinner is the hardest followed by BOG lunch

Personally if you are a little open to times, none should be that hard to get, especially if you book several months out. I find BOG dinner the hardest, but I can always find it even at three months out. I would say CRT next, I just got a 7:55 on a Saturday, 45 days out. Mama melrose, if you book 3 months out you should have no problem, we always have to book around 11:30 thru and don't really like that time but that is roughfully what we get every year. Tucker house breakfast with ROL, you can find it, even at 3 months out, but it may be later like 10, if you want before park opens I would book that 6 months out. Trek and pirates, I would say book 2 to 3 months out. I have no experience with Star Wars, just happy I don't have boys. I get things and the closer I get I end up having to change things around, like I booked 3 months ago thought I was done and last Friday Pandora came out, had to change a whole day around, which really meant two whole days around. But I still at 40 days out got breakfast at 8:10 at Tucker's with ROL, and twice now already touring plans has said a BOG lunch has opened up, have not snagged one yet, but I will as time goes on, waiting to see what else may change. But flexible in times is good, but usually I get things around the time I want. I have even walked up to things like BBB and got DGD in, I walked up to BOG and got in, and last year I walked up to what I find is the hardest of all ressies to get beaches and cream and got in.

Pirates League is generally not that hard to get. As others have said, BOG is probably the hardest. We have always booked right at 180 days and not had a problem getting BOG or CRT when we wanted. We also so BOG lunch available about 4 months from our trip (but dinner and CRT were scarce at that point).

Yes if you book as soon as dining reservations open up for you then you should have no trouble getting all the ones you want. My problem is I changed my plans around and need to change our BOG dinner and there are absolutely none available. I have been checking everyday for a couple of weeks. I will keep checking hopefully one will pop up.

I've always found BOG dinner the hardest to get. Last December, I couldn't get BOG for the day I wanted and had to keep trying until something finally opened up. I had to change my BOG ADR this year to an earlier time. It took me trying 2-3 times a day for a couple of months to finally get one. For my December trips, I've had trouble getting Mama Melrose, but for the ones in May I've never had problems. I've never had problems with ADRs for Tusker House either. The rest I've not tried to get so I don't know how difficult they are to obtain.

I've always found BOG dinner the hardest to get. Last December, I couldn't get BOG for the day I wanted and had to keep trying until something finally opened up. I had to change my BOG ADR this year to an earlier time. It took me trying 2-3 times a day for a couple of months to finally get one. For my December trips, I've had trouble getting Mama Melrose, but for the ones in May I've never had problems. I've never had problems with ADRs for Tusker House either. The rest I've not tried to get so I don't know how difficult they are to obtain.
That is what I do but I check at least 4 or 5 times a day for a BOG dinner lol.

Yes if you book as soon as dining reservations open up for you then you should have no trouble getting all the ones you want. My problem is I changed my plans around and need to change our BOG dinner and there are absolutely none available. I have been checking everyday for a couple of weeks. I will keep checking hopefully one will pop up.

You can go to TP and add when you want your BOG and it will send you a text when it opens up and you can get online and book right away, it has worked for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter