Which animal trail is your favorite in AK?

LibrarianBecky

Mouseketeer
I've never done the animal trails at AK, and I'm trying to work them into our touring plan for our upcoming trip. Do you have a favorite one? Not sure we will be able to do multiple ones.

Gorilla Falls and Maharajah Jungle Trek are both worth doing. If I had to choose one I’d pick Gorilla Falls. Obviously it has gorillas, but the meerkats are the highlight for me. They are fun to watch, and there were a few baby ones when we were there last week.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I have a favorite. If the tigers are out they are fun to watch, but it seems like they are harder to see. The gorillas on Gorilla Falls are usually out somewhere to look at. Of course there are other animals to see on both trails.

We always do both. And we try to do them before it gets hot. Tigers sleep in the shady corners all afternoon.
Right now Gorilla falls gets my vote because of the baby gorilla. We were there May 1 and saw her when she was only 8 hours old.

I personally love the aviaries. If you slow down and stop you will see lots of unique birds. The keeper let me feed mealworms to the weaver birds.

Gorilla Falls and Maharajah Jungle Trek are both worth doing. If I had to choose one I’d pick Gorilla Falls. Obviously it has gorillas, but the meerkats are the highlight for me. They are fun to watch, and there were a few baby ones when we were there last week.
I could have written that. We were there last week and the babies were soooooo cute.

I always hit both of the animal trails and enjoy both tremendously. However, I feel like I have stepped into another world on Maharajah Jungle Trek because of the incredible theming.

I would try to do both Gorilla Falls & Maharajah if you can. If you have to choose one, I don’t think you’d make a mistake with either one.

I like Gorilla falls, but both are nice. The difference seems to be when it is hot out Gorilla Falls has more shaded areas. The other one seems to be scorching hot to walk through. That's why we try to go through it in the morning or right before it closes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter