• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Airport for Vero Beach

barbnbrian

I'm a Redhead, too!
I know you have to drive from the airport to Vero Beach, but which airport is closest? Orlando (MCO) or another one?

MCO is about 1 1/4 hours away. West Palm is a bit closer...maybe an hour away. Melbourne is probably about 1/2 hour away.

I flew into MCO and drove to Vero. Melbourne was much more expensive... although this is still 45 minutes from Vero.

I think you will find MCO has the best prices - for both airfare and car rental. It's not all that bad of a drive from the MCO airport. Took us about 90 minutes and we were taking our time.

Best wishes -

I have flown in to West Palm Beach, Orlando and even Tampa to get to Vero Beach and I prefer flying into Orlando.

Ditto on what the others have said. Although Melbourne is most definitely closer, it's unlikely that you'll find the prices and schedule flexibility you need there. Orlando is your best bet.

We prefer to fly into/ out of Orlando (MCO) for plentiful direct flights, good services and good prices. My parents are joining us in February, and preferred West Palm (PBI), as it was only about a $50 difference (including car rental and airfare) for them. PBI is a smaller, somewhat easier airport, and much fewer crowds.

Melbourne is closest, and having done both MCO and PBI, I'd say the drive is almost exactly the same in terms of time (remember that the resort is actually north of Vero Beach proper, in Wabasso, closer to Sebastian).

Good luck!

Our first choice is always Melbourne. Small airport, easy rental car access and very short drive. Last time it cost about $35 more per ticket for us, but we felt it was well worth it.

It works well for us because: given our location, we almost always have a connecting flight, no matter where we're going; Delta schedule works very well and has several flights to Atlanta and ATL to Melbourne each day; and lastly -- we hate to drive.

If you have direct flights to MCO, then that's probably going to be easier in the long run for you and probably less expensive

Melbourne is closest.

My parents got tickets on Delta--Chicago to Melbourne for $215 a peice.

Sometimes it's easier just to pay a little extra to avoid more time on the road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter