Which airline do you prefer?

packofjedis

Mouseketeer
I'm researching prices, routes, etc for our upcoming UK trip. British Airways is reasonable priced and has a schedule that works for me. But when I look up reviews, I'm seeing things like ripped seats, dirty/old planes, etc.

So what is your favorite airline when coming to/fro UK? And why?

I like Delta as they have up to date entertainment systems, generous hand luggage rules & friendly staff.

Never flown with BA but know several people who have had luggage lost by them.

Cabin crew can make or break a good flight..we flew BA to MCO in a 777 and it was a great aircraft no ripped seats etc, seemed spacious in economy, luggage allowance was on par with most other scheduled airlines, food was the normal fare ie filled a hole BUT the cabin crew were awful. They seemed a bit aloof and hardly ever came around with drinks. We had to get up all the time we wanted water and interrupt the cabin crew having a good ol' natter.

So had we had a good crew it would have been a good experience.

I am not loyal to any airline nowadays..who ever gets me there the cheapest has my custom. We are well used to the flight now and its just like a means to the end..the food is never good and honestly wonder when people say that the food was good in economy have ever really eaten out! Its never good its just ok at best..if you were served that in a restaurant you would return it and never go back!
The inflight entertainment I can take or leave I just listen to my IPod..

VA used tobe wonderful but are also now like anyother airline but they are in the process of refurbing all their planes so that should inprove the interior look..

We love flying Delta, too. Their cabin crew has always been amazing and they tend to have very competitive prices.

Corinna

Thanks for the suggestions. Delta is actually a little cheaper right now than BA. (I've been watching Sept 2012, we're going Sept 2013). So I'm going to keep watching Delta and BA. Delta's times/layovers aren't as nice, but we'll be able to deal to save money.

I can't get VA to give me a route near me so I think they're out of the equation.

I also LOVE that Delta you get to pick your seats (for free, right?). BA costs some amount that I can't find on their website or you pick them 24 hrs out. I have to say, I'm really strange about getting to see my seats, etc, especially on a long flight. So that may be something that puts Delta ahead.

At least I have two to focus on.

Hey :)

I flew with BA to Orlando last year, and had a great experience - great staff, good IFE, and dare I say it, even good food! The best I had ever eaten on a plane!

The staff were very attentive with us and those around, and were exceptional with one member of our group who was a bit of a nervous flier.

More than likely, we will be flying with them again next year when we head back to Orlando. Iberia have a good price for a BA codeshare - this is what I booked last year, and will probably book again soon!

But like a PP poster said - the crew can make or break it. I've never experienced a rubbish crew (thankfully!), and so therefore have no particular favourite airline... however, BA would be the best to date for me!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter