Where's the closest supermarket ?

PENCOYS PIRATE

Mouseketeer
Hi,
We will be arriving at Port canaveral on the tuesday evening.
Are Planning on the wednesday to go somewhere for breakfast, have a laze around the pool to give our lilly white english skin just a taster, and then want to just go and get a few bits ie , showergels,shampoo, etc for the cruise.(It saves us packing loads and it saves stuff spilling on our luggage)
Anyway is there a walmart or something similiar close by, also sea sickness stuff can you buy it over the counter and what can you reccomend? 2 kids 8 & 9 and 1 hubbie.!!!!

Many thanks

Chucklechops :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

There is a brand new (November 04) supermarket on A1A. A1A is the main road. If you are driving in the opposite direciton of the port, the Supermarket is on the right.

It is a Publix Supermarket, a very nice chain of supermarkets.

Once you get here to Cape Canaveral and cocoa Beach, you will have a number of places you can go for the extra stuff you are looking for - you have the new Publix located exalty 2 miles SOUTH on A1A aka North Atlantic Avenue - if you keep going, you will also find a CVS and Walgreen's drugstore, behind them is a Winn dixie, Beall's outlet (for inexpensive clothes, shoes etc) also for eating you will find from Zackery's as you come into Cape Canaveral, Perkins, IHOP, plus many other places to eat - for the beach, you have the Cocoa Beach Pier which is right accross from Publix - they have restaurants also - if you decide you want to go to Walmart - go South to the main intersection called 520 or Merritt island Causeway - head West and go about 4 miles and there you are on the right hand side of the road - want to travel a little further - go about 2 miles and you are at Merritt Square Mall that has a little of everything.
Hope that helps and if you need help while here or lost - call the shop at 800-950-4559
Always
shirley

If you're more visually oriented, here's a link to a great site full of maps and links to everything you could think of (hotels, car rentals, grocery stores, restaurants, auto repair joints, etc).

http://dcltribute.com/maps/

Did not get to the Publix but ate at Zachary's 2 times - very good food!

Thankyou to you all for the great info.
I had heard that they had been building etc, it will just be so much easier to get those little bits when we get there.

Also can I just say a very special thankyou to Shirley, It really makes me realise that there are Angels among us, having 2 young children and Knowing that if we were stuck in any way we have a genuine offer of help and support is really very touching.
THANKYOU SO MUCH

Gary, Tracey, Amy & Ellie

Pencoys Pirate pirate: and Chucklechops

:wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

Having been a single mom, (and even a married one at that) I know what it's like to be in a strange town, know noone and find myself in a panic - been there and done that with a bunch of kids riding with me and of course every few minutes "are we there yet" How much longer mom" and mom why isn't the car moving" or better yet mom I feel sick and think I am going to really get sicker - I think I need a doctor mom" - hey mom the dogs are car sick - need I say more :teeth: :confused3 - I don't think so that is why I always give my cell number "just in case".
Always
Shirley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter