Where's the best Diet Coke in the park?

EmmersIsTheMommy

DIS Veteran
Sounds totally hilarious :rotfl: But seriously. Anyone a diet coke nut like I am and KNOW which place is best? :lmao:

These are need to know things, people :rotfl:

Same formula, but no two dispensers are often tuned the same. The ratio of concentrate/water/carbonation are manually adjusted by the technician setting up the machine and can vary. Unlike a can which is mixed at the factory, all the elements are mixed on site at a soda dispenser and the retailer receives a 5 gallon box of concentrate that can serve hundreds of drinks.

...ever get a watery coke at a restaurant...that is why.

Although with Coke's sponsorship, I would be willing to bet that the resorts dispensers are tuned the best they can be!

The carbonation/syrup mix and adjustment of individual fountain machines can vary quite a bit. I definitely have places where I really do or don't like their diet coke. I totally get what the OP is asking.

That said, I've not noticed any standout places (either positive or negative) at DLR.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Kind of related... Mr. Pibb is owned by Coke, right? I think I remember getting a Mr. Pibb at DTD once or twice, but I can't remember if they're anywhere in the parks? I really want Dr. Pepper, but that's obviously not happening, so I'm crossing my fingers for the next best thing. Does anyone know of any places in the parks that have it?

Same formula, but no two dispensers are often tuned the same. The ratio of concentrate/water/carbonation are manually adjusted by the technician setting up the machine and can vary. Unlike a can which is mixed at the factory, all the elements are mixed on site at a soda dispenser and the retailer receives a 5 gallon box of concentrate that can serve hundreds of drinks.

Although with Coke's sponsorship, I would be willing to bet that the resorts dispensers are tuned the best they can be!

Thanks for the explanation. I do not drink pop/soda I thought I would ask. My wife drinks tons of diet pepsi(hijack) do you know where the closest place I can get a case, we are staying at the Grand.

Thanks

Jack

Ohhhhh thank you for the explanation! You said it way better than I could've LOL

Another good example..I even prefer canned Diet Coke to bottled diet coke.

Now, all that weirdness said, I'm not crazy picky..I just likes me a good Diet Coke ;) haha!!!

Thanks for the explanation. I do not drink pop/soda I thought I would ask. My wife drinks tons of diet pepsi(hijack) do you know where the closest place I can get a case, we are staying at the Grand.

Thanks

Jack

I hope someone has a good answer for this. As for if she needs a fix and you guys are checking for a place to eat outside the parks, Subway is nearby and serves Pepsi (At least all the ones here do) and my friend LOVES their pepsi :)

Awesome post. I am a Diet Coke nut as well, but never thought about which one was the best. I am always parched from running around DLR, so any Diet Coke is good to me. I just like Rancho De Zocalo and Redd Rocket's Pizza Port since you can get free refills!

I do know normally the best ratio is at Mcdonalds, but in the park I go for Coke corner and I get cherry flavor added. I will be there on Saturday and right of the bat it will be having a Cherry Diet Coke and a churro. Can not wait!!!

I just started drinking Diet Coke or Coke Zero but the only way I can drink it is with a straw and with Lemon.

cannot stand the taste without lemon.

I am not a soda drinker (I drink water and iced green tea). DH, on the otherhand, is a Diet Coke snob. He prefers a fountain soda over a can/bottle any day. He has had several DC in the DLR and has never commented that one was better than the other. Like PP mentioned, the dispensers are probably tuned a certain way throughout the parks.

Black Jack - Have you used Vons delivery? You can order online, and the order will be delivered to the GC. It can even be delivered before you arrive. First time orders over $49 are shipped free. http://shop.safeway.com/superstore/default.asp?brandid=2&page=corphome&cmpid=ecom_kw_von_cpt_gn_ggl

I am not a soda drinker (I drink water and iced green tea). DH, on the otherhand, is a Diet Coke snob. He prefers a fountain soda over a can/bottle any day. He has had several DC in the DLR and has never commented that one was better than the other. Like PP mentioned, the dispensers are probably tuned a certain way throughout the parks.

Black Jack - Have you used Vons delivery? You can order online, and the order will be delivered to the GC. It can even be delivered before you arrive. First time orders over $49 are shipped free. http://shop.safeway.com/superstore/default.asp?brandid=2&page=corphome&cmpid=ecom_kw_von_cpt_gn_ggl

Numerous times...we love them. We are staying at the Grand and that is the only thing she wants, we can get the rest in the parks. May have to hike down to 7-11 and get it for her. Thanks for the suggestion.

Jack

I like going to Coke Corner and getting a Cherry Vanilla Coke. :) I like it because at CC they use actual syrup to add the flavor. mmmmmm :)

I was at DL and DCA about a month ago (i'm addicted to diet coke btw) Anyway...it was pretty good throughout the parks but absolutely horrible at the Cozy Cone Motel so I would avoid that one for drinks. It tasted like plastic - and no..i wasn't drinking out of a cone lol. My dh's Sprite was bad there three days later as well. I found myself buying a lot of 20 ouncers just to be safe after that.
have fun!
molly

I was at DL and DCA about a month ago (i'm addicted to diet coke btw) Anyway...it was pretty good throughout the parks but absolutely horrible at the Cozy Cone Motel so I would avoid that one for drinks. It tasted like plastic - and no..i wasn't drinking out of a cone lol. My dh's Sprite was bad there three days later as well. I found myself buying a lot of 20 ouncers just to be safe after that.
have fun!
molly

Oh GROOOSSSSSSS LOL!

I was doing a lot of 20 ozers last time..they seem so perfectly cold in DL for some reason ;)

I am a Pepsi only fan and need my caffeine in DL!! Can I bring in a sealed 20 oz in my bag ???

AZlady said:
I am a Pepsi only fan and need my caffeine in DL!! Can I bring in a sealed 20 oz in my bag ???

Absolutely. Sealed or unsealed, it doesn't matter so long as it isn't glass

I am a diet coke addict and I really like the diet coke at River Belle Terrace. For some reason it just tastes better than at other fountains in the park.

pixiewings71 said:
I like going to Coke Corner and getting a Cherry Vanilla Coke. :) I like it because at CC they use actual syrup to add the flavor. mmmmmm :)

Oh.my.gosh. This sounds amazing. How have I not done this before? It's going on the list for next time. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter