Where would you stay for the Princess Half Marathon?

WsPrincess

DIS Veteran
For the Princess Half it seems the host resorts are less than for the regular marathon weekend. It looks like last year the only DVC choices were SSR, AKL, BCV and BWV. Now assuming all were available at 7 months (which I know won't happen), where would be the best 2 bedroom both for comfort of 2 couples and racing?

Or would you do 2 studios instead to keep things separate?

I am leaning towards BCV or BWV since they are so close to Epcot but having not stayed at any I want expert advice.

Also, any ideas on availability later in February (I know President's weekend/week is before and is busier)?

Great question, we are hoping to do this race next Feb. We thought BWV would be best since it is closest to Epcot but not sure if the entrance/access will be open or if we will still have to take the shuttle? What time do the shuttles start running?

Everything I have read says you still need to take the shuttle before the race since buses run starting about 3am (or it might be 3:30am). I know you have to be in your corral to start by 5am even though the race doesn't really start until 5:45am and the start is actually on the road outside the back Epcot parking lot. The suggestion is after the race you can use a park ticket and walk back to BWV and get loosened up and keep moving which I think is where I am leaning but I am worried about scoring a 2 bedroom at 7 months out since our home resort (OKW) is not a host resort, well at least least year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter