Where would you stay (best deal all around)?

allaboutmm said:
We are going to DW 12/7-12/12,plane tickets,haven't booked a hotel...
Is there a # that list people who belong to DVC, that are willing to rent (use their points) their condo's? Are most of the condo's on the transportation route so we wouldn't have to rent a car? Do you think the $ would be around the same ballpark as value hotel during the time of year we are going?
DVC members who have points to rent post here:

http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=29

You can also post what you are looking for and DVC members with points will contact you. Your dates are considered value season for DVC points which means it's a very popular time to go so I would start looking for a reservation ASAP. All DVC resorts are WDW resorts and have the same Disney transportation available.

allaboutmm said:
O.K. this is all new to me, so if this is a dumb question, please be kind.....
Is there a # that list people who belong to DVC, that are willing to rent (use their points) their condo's? Are most of the condo's on the transportation route so we wouldn't have to rent a car? Do you think the $ would be around the same ballpark as value hotel during the time of year we are going? If these questions don't make sense, please forgive me. This site is still new to me, all this extra info is making me head spin :rotfl: , but in a good way! Thanks!
:earsboy: :earsgirl: pirate: :earboy2: princess:

We are DVC members and going 12/7 - 12/11. I tried about 3 weeks ago and could not get anything at a DVC Resort. You have to book these way in advance. It does not hurt to still try though.

Another point to consider is that if your family and friends are staying there, it would just be easier if you were to so you could use the transportation to go see them at their hotel and them to yours. Renting points may not be for you but it will give you a room with a couch in a very nice hotel with a frig and microwave. I would think this would be REALLY handy with a 3 year old. Needless to say - we loved it!!

DVC does offer a waitlist if there is nothing available for the dates you are looking for so you may ask any DVC members who may rent points to you to check on that as well.

BethR said:
I completely agree! We stayed at Cypress Pointe last year in a 3 bedroom condo that could have easily slept 8 (or more!) for about $90 a night. A full kitchen, jacuzzi, living area and a great pool. Lots of room for you to "entertain" your family members. And no further to the parks than some of the on-site locations. Of course you would need a car, but we have always rented a car regardless. :)

Good Luck with your decision!

We stayed there in June and it was wonderful!! The kids can't wait to go back. It's very close to the parks, and just a couple of stop lights from DD!

We stayed at the Gaylord Palms (the same company that owns The Opryland Hotel) 2 years ago. It was BEAUTIFUL and we got it off Priceline for $83.00 each night. I researched it on Bidding for Travel.com and found someone who had won it already on Priceline.com for $83 on the dates we were going - so I knew how much to bid. The Gaylord busses were fine for us - but we are not very picky. Research Priceline and bidding for travel a little bit - they have the Sheraton Safari for around $40.00 sometimes - there are SO many hotels in Orlando that you could win - so be sure and research!

allaboutmm said:
Is there a # that list people who belong to DVC, that are willing to rent (use their points) their condo's? Are most of the condo's on the transportation route so we wouldn't have to rent a car? Do you think the $ would be around the same ballpark as value hotel during the time of year we are going?

That timeframe is extremely busy for DVC resorts and almost everything is filled and waitlisted. Example: I currently have those dates in December for VWL. I booked at my home resort at the 11 month window and switched to VWL right at the 7 month window. It took 2 months of waitlisting to get all my dates. Plans change all the time - you may get lucky. No, my studio is not available.

Also,
It depends on the resort and the day as to how many points are needed for the stay, as well as the type of accomodations. The total points needed for an OKW studio for that timeframe is 64, which are 3 weekday nights (Wed-Th and Sun) at 8 points and 2 weekend nights at 20 points. The other resorts are more (VWL, BCV, and BWV preferred studio are 70 points for that time).

So, before you post what you want, take a look at a site like www.dvc-resales.com and review the point charts to get an idea of what you want and what you are willing to pay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter