• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where would you go for brunch?

Bethany10

DIS Veteran
We're going to be spending a week in Orlando next spring, primarily at Universal. I know everyone is going to want a down day in the middle and I'm thinking about brunch at one of the resorts. (we're not going to be on site, this would literally be we're driving over to Disney b/c mom wants to kind of thing)

No special interest in meeting characters, we're just looking for good food in a nice atmosphere. I've thought about Boma as I've always wanted to see AKL, and everyone would like the animals. This idea kicked off as I was reading a trip report where someone took a side trip to 1900 park and had a lovely brunch.

So where would you go? Boma, 1900 park, Ihop? Only restrictions are I really want brunch and we won't have park tickets.

I added DH to my trip in September (was going to be solo but he wants to come), and since then have been trying to get Cali Grill brunch. I know he'd LOVE it. Bottomless mimosas or bubbly, food looks amazing, sigh nothing. I keep checking.

I agree with your choice of Boma. Beautiful resort...needs to be experienced, for sure. Great food. Great variety. Reasonable price, for the volume / quality offered. Boma, definitely!

So where would you go? Boma, 1900 park, Ihop? Only restrictions are I really want brunch and we won't have park tickets.

Are you looking for brunch, or a breakfast or lunch buffet? 1900 and Boma are buffets that serve breakfast or lunch. If youre looking for both, you would have to time it right that they are ending breakfast and starting lunch. IHoP is a whole other category!

Disney Springs has a bunch of brunch options...
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/04/the-best-place-to-enjoy-brunch-disney-springs/

At the resorts, I believe the only ones with true Brunch are California Grill and Chef Mickeys. Trails End in Ft Wilderness used to have it too. Not sure if they still do.

Are you looking for brunch, or a breakfast or lunch buffet? 1900 and Boma are buffets that serve breakfast or lunch. If youre looking for both, you would have to time it right that they are ending breakfast and starting lunch. IHoP is a whole other category!

ok, I did not make that distinction in my own head (IHoP was a joke). We're big breakfast people, just not first thing in the morning.

California Grill looks amazing, but well out of our price range as our kids are teen and tween and therefore considered Disney adults. I'm going to have a hard enough time selling the cost of breakfast, DH would stroke out if I suggested CG prices. But I bet it's a fantastic meal.

Another idea, House of Blues has a gospel brunch. We did it on our last trip and enjoyed it. It was very reasonable too. Maybe you’ll be able to do a California Grill brunch on a different trip. It’s a wonderful experience. Boma is a fantastic buffet. Whatever you pick as long as it isn’t Chef Mickeys you’ll have a great time!

looking at the logistics, can we park at Disney Springs and take the bus to the resort? Do we need to show our reservation to use the bus? Trying to avoid the parking fee at AK as we will have already paid to park at Universal for the day.

looking at the logistics, can we park at Disney Springs and take the bus to the resort? Do we need to show our reservation to use the bus? Trying to avoid the parking fee at AK as we will have already paid to park at Universal for the day.
You can park at Disney Springs and take the resort bus over. You don’t need to be staying there to do so or even mention your ADR. However it is unnecessary. You can park at Animal Kingdom Lodge as long as you have an ADR.

The day you're planning on having brunch is a big factor. Many restaurants that offer brunch only do so on Sunday or another specific day of the week. Cali Grille, for example, only does brunch on Sunday. If you're looking for brunch in the middle of the week, you're going to have a bit more trouble finding a real "brunch." However-- you'll still have a lovely meal at Boma if you want a nice late breakfast/early lunch meal.

Might I also recommend the Grand Floridian Cafe? It's not as grandiose as a character meal or as renowned as Boma, but I adored the pancakes I had there for breakfast on my last vacation. You'll find some more upscale things on their menu and the restaurant is a bit quieter than it is at 1900 PF.

oooh the menu looks up our alley as well. thank you! And the Grand Floridian is a hotel I've also wanted to walk through, but not necessarily stay at, a bonus!

We really like GF Cafe as well as they have breakfast items during lunch as well. Love the citrus pancakes.

Another vote for GF Cafe. You can do an actual brunch here, too, since you can order lunch items at breakfast and vice versa. It’s very reasonable for Disney and beautiful. Take a ride on the monorail after or a boat ride across the lagoon and explore the other MK resorts as well.

We’ve never done Boma for breakfast, but exploring AKL is a wonderful way to spend the day. It’s so different and like being transported to another place.

The Grand Floridian Cafe changed their menu a while ago for breakfast to include lunch items as well as breakfast items. Check out the menu online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter