Where would you eat Christmas dinner if you aren't in a park?

littlbugmom

DIS Veteran
We might sleep in Christmas morning instead of braving the parks.
If we do, where would you suggest we go for dinner?

That depends on what type of food and atmosphere you are looking for. I would also take into consideration where you are staying. Info would help since there are so many choices.

I'm sorry, should have given more info.

We are staying off property. We'd like to sleep in Christmas morning, open gifts and relax most of the day. However, we don't want to stay at the condo for the entire day and not touch on anything Disney!

We'll need a little Disney magic in our day! :tink:

We do not want to go to Chef Mickey's but we're up for anything else.
We're looking for Christmas and Disney all wrapped up in dinner.

We are staying off property. We'd like to sleep in Christmas morning, open gifts and relax most of the day. However, we don't want to stay at the condo for the entire day and not touch on anything Disney!

If it were my family we would have dinner at 'Ohana and then do a monorail tour with an extended stop at the Grand Floridian to take in all that Christmas!

One of the Magic Kingdom signatures for sure. I'd probably go for Narcoossees or California Grill for the views but maybe Artist Point for the extremely Christmasy Wilderness Lodge.

One of the things we look for also though that you need to look out for is any special menus. Not sure if any have them for Christmas Dinner but we don't want a traditional Christmas Dinner when we are dining in the world. When I eat somewhere in Disney I want the menu from that place, not an altered traditional holiday meal. So for us, we wouldn't go somewhere that was serving only that or a that plus a limited regular menu. SOme people are looking for that though. SO either way, be aware of that when booking.

1900 Park Fair- Beautiful tree and Gingerbread House
Artist Point- Beautiful tree and great fireplace
Anything at AKL- Very different Tree and love the animals. This is our favorite.

Grand Floridian Cafe - reasonable prices
1900 Park Fare - fun characters but we were not too fond of the food
Seeing the christmas tree and gingerbread house makes it more special

Cape May Cafe or Captains grille at the BC/YC
combine this with seeing the chocolate carousel, resort trees and maybe time over on the boardwalk. If you do a later dinner you could also see the fireworks from the boat dock

This is something we'll have consider next year. I was thinking either Jiko or AP because both of those resorts are the most festive to me. I do lean towards Jiko because I enjoyed it more than AP but I would consider either one. They just have that cozy and warm feel to them. Now Christmas Eve I probably would do FF.

Last edited:
Oh that's weird, this question was just asked the other day by someone else.

And in thinking about my answer there, which started off well but ended with impossible choices, I'll tell you that it's good you're thinking about this and especially thinking about going towards property for it. Because I can tell you from last December...there's really nothing open on xmas day. It's such a bummer. We're casual people who go to restaurants because we like their food, not for ambiance, etc, and the two places we wanted that day were closed closed closed. Even just getting food xmas eve was getting perilous because things were closing the later we went in the day (disembarked a cruise in San Juan, caught a flight, landed, got a car, drove to Daytona to pick up my aunt, then back to Orlando).

So it's good you're thinking about it now, because we didn't, and were very frustrated that our offsite food-faves (Sweet Tomatoes and YardHouse) were so very much closed.

Trattoria Al Forno at BW has very good food..we stay at BW often and really enjoy it...then you can stroll on Boardwalk or stroll over to BC and/or YC to check things out.

Citricos or California Grill then hang out in the lobby at the Grand Floridian great atmosphere a lot going on

I would love to do Artist Point and then maybe take a carriage ride through the camp grounds at fort wilderness and then maybe tour the monorail hotels.

One of the Magic Kingdom signatures for sure. I'd probably go for Narcoossees or California Grill for the views but maybe Artist Point for the extremely Christmasy Wilderness Lodge.

One of the things we look for also though that you need to look out for is any special menus. Not sure if any have them for Christmas Dinner but we don't want a traditional Christmas Dinner when we are dining in the world. When I eat somewhere in Disney I want the menu from that place, not an altered traditional holiday meal. So for us, we wouldn't go somewhere that was serving only that or a that plus a limited regular menu. SOme people are looking for that though. SO either way, be aware of that when booking.

My first thought as well! I would choose Narcoossee or Citricos if I wanted to tour the monorail resorts. Grand Floridian Cafe is lovely and I bet a Holiday meal there would be pretty darn sweet. Artist Point in WL would be a nice choice as well.

Trattoria Al Forno at BW has very good food..we stay at BW often and really enjoy it...then you can stroll on Boardwalk or stroll over to BC and/or YC to check things out.

The Epcot Resorts are pretty to tour, and Al Forno was a favorite meal on our last stay. The Yachtsman Steakhouse as well, if you are looking for a signature meal.

We have eaten at Artist Point before for Christmas and we will be at Disney for Christmas this year and we may well go to Artist Point again. The ambiance is very Christmas with the large tree and the huge fireplace. The food is very good as well.

We always go to Narcoossee's. The overall ambiance just fits the bill. The food is great—we usually like seafood on Christmas, so it works really well. We've also eaten at Artist Point. Wilderness Lodge is fantastic during Xmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter