tangledmermaid

Earning My Ears
My boyfriend and I are going to be in France from the 17th - 24th with a few days in DLP at the start. Problem is.. where to go afterwards? We have already done Paris and didn't care too much for it to be honest so are more than happy to avoid it this time around. We love places with a lot of history,beautiful scenery and architecture. My boyfriend is the outdoorsy type but I am one of the most unfit people ever.. so maybe somewhere with a few nice, but easy walks? I'm more the artsy type. We are not sure whether to get a car or not so maybe you guys could help us decide on that - all that we have decided is that we will not be exploring other countries. We have been to 'France' a few times without ever actually seeing France (we're always in Disney) so would like to actually see the country for once.

Also, sort of unrelated, we will be in Disney for our 10th Anniversary. I know DLP is different to its' American counterparts but do they have the Happily Ever After badges or anything similar there? I just really want someone at the check-in desk to ask me "Any special occasion?" and for once I can actually say something other than no, haha.

Thanks x

we are going to Reims & Eperney after our DLP visit. We like champagne so it fits what we want to do - I hear the scenery & architecture is nice too!

No, sorry, we don't really do badges in Disneyland Paris. Lately we do have badges for the specific festivals, they are handed out at check in. But it never hurts to ask. I've never asked for a Happily Ever After badge, maybe it does exist.

I've posted this in another thread where the OP asked where to go besides Paris, this was my reply. If you enjoy art, the first suggestion might be interesting.
I would go to the coast in the North West, Normandy is so incredibly beautiful. You could go to Le Havre, Mont St. Michel, if you like art Monet spend a large part of his life in this area and there are museums or actual places you can go to. Like Giverny and Etretat. The Bayeux Tapestry is also in this area. Also plenty of vineyards.

Or if you want to go for a more Disney feel, in the East, near the German border (under Strasbourg) where Disney artists got inspired for the village scenes in Beauty and the Beast. Google Riquewihr, it's near Colmar.

Otherwise, it's very easy to catch the train from Paris (from both central Paris as Disneyland Paris) to Brussels, Belgium. It takes only about 1,5-2 hours and Brussels is a really interesting city. So you could do a day trip or several days.

You both might enjoy Normandy - it's an easy trip from Paris with good train service. Visit Mont St. Michel and Monet's gardens at Giverny. If you do have a car I love, LOVE the Dordogne, especially the market at Sarlat-le-Caneda and Beynac. That's near where the Lascaux caves are. If you haven't been to Versailles, I recommend a trip there, and have lunch at Chez Stefs near the palace. It's the best restaurant I've ever tried in my life. If you feel like a bit more of a trip, I'd check out Guedelon Castle. https://www.guedelon.fr/en/

Its a bit far from Paris but one of the most interesting places I've visited is the Toulous and Carcassonne area in the south of France , near The Pyrenees Mountains. My sisters inlaws lived in that region for a few years. Carcassonne in particular is an extremely interesting town, its a walled Medieval town. The area is also a big wine producing area and there many wine tasting tours and restaurants attached to vineyards.

I enjoyed the Loire Valley region when I was there last. Would have been easy to spend 3-4 days there.

If you are staying in dlp area, a day trip, you can take the bus to Provins, a 13th century town. The bus runs almost every hour from dlp chessy bus stops.
We also rented a car and drove to fountainbleu. You can take the TGV from dlp to Strasbourg for an overnight or a long day trip. You are also very close to Reims via car or TGV and Champagne region.

No, sorry, we don't really do badges in Disneyland Paris. Lately we do have badges for the specific festivals, they are handed out at check in. But it never hurts to ask. I've never asked for a Happily Ever After badge, maybe it does exist.

I got a birthday pin at City Hall (guest relations) at Disneyland Park. I'm not sure what others they had.

How far away from Disney are you wanting to travel? We always travel to DLP by car from the Uk . We have done some lovely parks and villages/ towns within 20mins from the theme park. We enjoyed Coloumiers, the lake and beach club at Torcy is super close to Disney and perfect when we visit in peak summer. Lille is a bit further away, we stayed there for 2 nights. We have then done the beaches and fishing towns all on the northern coast , le toquet , bologne sure mer (that has the best aquarium attraction ever)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter