where to take picky DH?

Robbiesmommy21

Mouseketeer
Hi all!
Dh and I will be taking an anniversary trip in Feb. I know we'll be eating at Ohana's and LTT. We'll be there on Feb. 14th. where do we go for a romantic dinner that will suit a " no fancy sauce, nothing diffrent", meat and potato man?
Thanks
Jacquelineprincess:

I asked DH his opinion - he first said Pecos Bill Cafe at MK. I mentioned that it was for Valentine's Day, and he changed his vote to the restaurant at the Germany pavilion at Epcot. (Lots of meat and potatoes)

You could always check Deb's site for menus.

DH and I are sort of "no-fancy, no extra weird foods and sauces" people, and he really likes the German buffet.

I'm also partial to Pepper Market at Coronado Springs, but it's probably not too romantic for V-Day. Have either of you been to Big River Bewing Co at the boardwalk?

Good luck in your search for the perfect place for V-Day.

He sounds like me...I dont like anything funky on my food. With that said DH & I had a wonderful anniversary dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse last summer. I had Caesar salad, prime rib, mashed potatoes and a side of creamed spinache(I was daring and tried that for the first time, LOL).
It was probably one of the best meals Ive ever had. :D

No we havent been to Big River . What is it like? We went to WDW for the first time this past aug. and dh and I both had our ups and downs. He didn't like PSB, Kona cafe. We didn't like chef Mickey's, and we think we just ordered the wrong thing at CRT for lunch. But we loved the rest.
thanks
Jacquelineprincess:

How bout Concourse Steakhouse, Yachtsman Steakhouse, or Artist Point?

Bring him to LeCellier and tell them to hold the veal demi glaze.

Shulas or Yachtsman Steakhouse get my vote for a meat and potato person. Both have great food!

We did Artists Point for our 30th wedding aniv and my very very pick DH loved it and in fact want's to return

NArcossees!! I have a husband like that too. Keep in mind any place will take off all the sauces, etc and give you a plain whatever.

My meat and potatoes crew love LeCellier and Yachtsman. Concourse Steakhouse is pretty good too. Sometimes even the more "exotic" locations can accomodate more ordinary requests.
A couple of years ago we ended up at Kona for dinner, and nothing on the menu looked appealing. I asked for a cheeseburger and fries, and they brought it out without blinking an eye. Interesting thing is, it was a GREAT burger and fries:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter