Where to stayat POR?

SnackyStacky

DIS Veteran
Which part of POR should I request? We're looking for one of the mansion settings.

Our #1 factor is close proximity to the bus stop, and our second concern is proximity to the food court.

Any suggestions??

Acadian House. We were steps to North Depot bus stop and less than 5 min walk to main building. Hoping for this again in Sept.

OR Magnolia Terrace! We have stayed in Acadian and Magnolia Terrace and they are both equal distance I believe. MT has the gazebo and is all non-smoking, Acadian has a fountain. Either one is great!:D

I'd recommend Magnolia Terrace, because it's closer to the Main Bus Stop. I don't get on at any other bus stop when I've stayed there, not since we've seen the bus fill up before it gets to some of the later stops, and just kept going! So those poor people had to wait for the next bus. Besides, I looove that gazebo!

Hmmm...maybe Magnolia Terrace would be better....I'm allergic to smoke, so non-smoking is definitely preferred. Thanks all for your suggestions and help!

To be honest, each mansion is nice in its own regard. Magnolia Terrace seems to be the one most folks prefer. Regardless of what mansion you stay in, I would definitely board the bus in the mornings at the main bus stop. Since the buses now stop at French Quarter first and the crowds appear to be back, the buses can be packed by the time everyone boards at the South Depot (outside the main POR building). I have been on buses that were standing room only and skipped the rest of the Riverside bus stops! :rolleyes:

Another vote for Magnolia Terrace. Non smoking and good location. We had a corner room overlooking the river. Only a short walk to the pool and food court and you could go to the main bus stop or the bus stop in back of the building depending on the time of day.

Is Acadian House smoking? We never had an ashtray or anything. Glad hubby did not know.;)

It is worth it to walk out to the first bus stop, especially during busy times (morning) of the day. We were there in February and every morning the bus was full by the time they got to the second stop.

We had a non smoking room in Acadian(must be half and half?). We never smelled smoke. We had requested Magnolia Terrace again, but they were doing some painting and the building was closed at that time. Our rooms were identical inside, the courtyards and looks of the buildings differ. Enjoy you stay! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter