Where to Stay??

klwdisney

DIS Veteran
Hi! We're toying around with a quick weekend trip to Universal Studios and were wondering if you could possibly suggest a good clean, yet inexpensive hotel near Universal that provides shuttle service back and forth to the park.

Also, what time of year is good for a weekend trip like this? We would probably depart on Friday night or Saturday morning and return home on Tuesday sometime.

Thanks in advance for your help! :D

monalisa.gif
ffflower2.gif
mms.gif
hello.gif

9/86 - Polynesian
11/97 - Hyatt Orlando
3/99 - Dixie Landings
11/00 - All Star Movies

bump!

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

"If you were me, you'd be good looking."

I would suggest anytime of the year EXCEPT

1. Spring Break

2. Summer Vacation

3. Holidays, all of them!

I particularly like September and May, minus Labor and Memorial days. The weather is great and the crowds are manageable.

As for hotels there are several inexpensive hotels offsite, the Day's Inn, the Red Roof Inn and the Holiday Inn are a few.
-------------------------

MOM
Mother of Michael
Proverbs 3:5-6

hwink.gif

<font color=purple>Co-Moderator of the Community and Universal/IOA Boards</font color=purple>

[This message was edited by Robinrs on 02-21-01 at 01:42 PM.]

thanks for the input!

robinrs- do you know if those hotels you listed have complimentary shuttle service to USF/IOA??

monalisa.gif
ffflower2.gif
mms.gif
hello.gif

9/86 - Polynesian
11/97 - Hyatt Orlando
3/99 - Dixie Landings
11/00 - All Star Movies

Most decent off-site hotels will charge you at minimum $89/night. I would suggest trying to secure the $117 Entertainment Rate at the Hard Rock Hotel for any weekend you can and enjoying the FOTL privelages!!!

That sounds great but we'd be going on the cheapest budget trip we could pull off!

How do you get these "entertainment rates" anyway?

monalisa.gif
ffflower2.gif
mms.gif
hello.gif

9/86 - Polynesian
11/97 - Hyatt Orlando
3/99 - Dixie Landings
11/00 - All Star Movies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter