Where to stay

Bmill

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,
My wife and I will be making our annual anniversary trip to Disney this June. We always stay at a different moderate (we have been to each). This year we are scheduled to stay at our favorite Coronado Springs but are considering changing to a deluxe for the first time to avoid construction. What are everyone's suggestions to change? We like to spend sometime at the hotel but not a whole lot and rarely use table service so would like a decent quick service food court. What does everyone think? Is there a value comparable? Thanks!!!!

Are you sure you want a deluxe since u don't want the restaurant and spend little time there?
Have you done Coronado Business room?
It's awfully nice to be close to main area...then you gain access to the Business Room/Area where you will get the wine/beer snacks at nite...( and they were yummy) great bkfst items juice, coffee fruit etc in morning... lovely perks and it's included in ur room price.
We enjoyed it greatly.. and you d likely not even use cs for those "meals"
???
As to actual deluxes ... we enjoy AKL, WL, POLY (CL !)
but we also use the resorts and enjoy table service.
Enjoy wherever you choose!

Deluxe resorts do not have the typical food courts that you find in the value or moderate resorts. We like AKL and WL as they are very reasonably priced deluxe resorts. AKL has Mara - our favourite quick service. The WL is undergoing some Dvc construction so it doesn't make sense to move there from CSR, IMO. If Disney theming is something you like, the AKL will amaze you! Get a standard or pool view (our choice) to save $$ and watch the animals from one of the many viewing areas.

The Swan and Dolphin sometimes have good deluxe pricing, but they are not owned by WDW so they do not have DME, dining plans, magic bands, and some other perks. They are on property, have the resort extra magic hours and have really comfortable beds. Plus you can walk or boat to both Epcot and DHS. Rates can be under $200 per night, but you need to add almost $50 per night resort fees and parking. If you qualify for one of their deep discounts, this is often a really good deal. Picabou has nice cafeteria style dining downstairs at the Dolphin and The Fountain has a great selection of quick meals like burgers and shakes. Other quick service options are around at the other Epcot area resorts and are just a quick walk or boat ride away.

If you are going all out and the budget allows, then the Poly, CR or the GF are great resorts near the MK. The rooms are large and comfortable and you can see the castle from your resort! These are the best of the best, IMO. Get a TPV room and it is simply magical to stay in either of these three resorts. They are our favs for different reasons and I simply cannot choose one over the other two. I would look at pics online and choose the theme that I liked the best. Access to the MK is awesome, dining is spectacular, access to the other monorail resorts quick and easy. Pricing is, alas, quite high.

My pick for a move up from CSR would be AKL or the Swan. Deluxe but won't break the bank.

We love CSR, and it has only been topped for us by AKL. We were lucky enough to stay a few days after CSR with friend's DVC points, and would choose it again if we got a great deal. Gorgeous lobby and theming, and of course the animals - huge for us, especially DD who wants to be a vet. Mara is good for quick service, and quick ride to AK to check out Pandora and ROL.

Deluxe resorts do not have the typical food courts that you find in the value or moderate resorts. We like AKL and WL as they are very reasonably priced deluxe resorts. AKL has Mara - our favourite quick service. The WL is undergoing some Dvc construction so it doesn't make sense to move there from CSR, IMO. If Disney theming is something you like, the AKL will amaze you! Get a standard or pool view (our choice) to save $$ and watch the animals from one of the many viewing areas.

I agree. I think AKL is a great choice that wouldn't break the bank :).

AKL is our most favorite place. We prefer Jambo House over Kidani because we love the lobby and we try to do one breakfast and one dinner at Boma every trip. Actually, we like to find out the menu rotation and do 2 dinners at Boma, but we don't always squeeze that in. There is so much to see and do there. The pools are nice, the activities are great. We loved the night viewing of the animals. There is nothing like walking into Jambo House for the first time. It's an incredible experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter