where to stay ?

minnie4me

DIS Veteran
Trying to decide which resort to stay at on our vacation next year...probably early/mid June.
Choices: Grand Floridian
Polynesian
Wilderness Lodge
Yacht/Beach Club
We have stayed at GF several times, we love it for several reasons. Service, Monorail, variety of restaurants, pool.
Have stayed at Poly once, liked it too. Were able to get a quick breakfast there, not a sit down type, can you still? We went in fall and did not utilize the pool area, how is that? DS will be 8 and loves the water. It is on the monorail which is a plus.
Stayed at the beach club several years ago, used to be able to get a quick breakfast there too, but think that is long gone. Can walk to Epcot, cool pool !!
Never stayed at WL but think it looks beautiful. Pretty sure you can get quick breakfast here. Does have several restaurants. How is the pool ? How is it getting to parks etc...?
It will be me, DH, DS (8) and my mom (60+), we will have 2 rooms and probably there for a week (like Sat to Fri or Sat).
Most probable places we will eat dinner: Narcoossee's, Kona Cafe, somewhere in Epcot, AK, MK, & probably DHS. Most likely go to a waterpark one day, downtown disney to shop (maybe hit Fulton's) and have one complete day poolside (maybe a spa treatment mixed in). We can skip a park if we need too, probably DHS, unless new star tours is open and star wars weekend.

That is such a personal decision. What are you looking for primarily in a resort? I see you have picked the deluxe resorts so you need to first have a think about:

Where you want to be relative to any specific parks
Amenities that are really important to you
Does the theming have an effect on your decision?

I know I would go for the Poly. But my preferences and reasons could be a far cry from yours.

We like the easiest route to most parks, that is why we like monorail resorts. We like several types of restaurants on site and a fun pool area for DS !!
Theme of resort, not such a big deal, they are all special in their own way !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter