• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to stay night before a RCCL cruise

jjgarv

Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...
Does anyone have any suggestions of where to stay the night before a RCCL cruise that departs out of FT. Lauderdale. Obviously price is the first consideration along with a nice hotel. Thanks for the help!

I am going on a RCCL cruise too in August. The ship leaves out of Port Canaveral so any hotel (Raddison) would fine. Look at Dave from Marietta's list. We are flying in the night before our RCCL cruise and are staying at the MCO Airport Hyatt and then taking a town car to the Port. On our October Magic cruise we will stay at the Raddison.

Port Everglades is <b><i>very</i></b> close to the Fort Lauderdale airport (FLL) so any FLL airport hotel should be fine.

We have stayed at the Comfort Inn Airport/CruisePort, on Stirling Road in Hollywood, FL. We have paid around $70 a night but this included breakfast buffet. Plus they offer transportation from the airport and to the cruise port. Nice tropical hotel, very friendly staff. Short walk to a small mall for soda, water and anything else you may have forgotten. Go to www.choicehotels.com and put in ft. lauderdale for more choices including the one I mentioned.What ship are you going on? We are looking at the Voyager or Explorer of the Seas for October.

Thanks for the great info! We are looking at a Monarch cruise in May that hits Jamaica and Cayman. It is a 5 night cruise, great deal as far as I can tell.

We have not sailed on the Monarch but have cruises on RCCL 5 times and had a great cruise every time. Very good food and a friendly staff will make sure you get everything you need. Western Carib. has lots to offer. As the above poster said go to www.cruise critic and check out the Royal Caribbean boards they are very active and full of informatioln.

There is a new Hampton Inn here in Ft Lauderdale right down the street from where I work. Very nice, and about 4 miles from Port Everglades

250 N Andrews Av
Ft Lauderdale, FL
954-924-2700

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter