Where to stay at Universal for two weeks in November?

OP95

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I am currently planning a trip for next year for me and a friend and will be staying onsite at universal and hoping to visit Epic as well as volcano bay whilst we’re there. We are planning to go from the 9th of Nov - 22nd. I am currently looking at Aventurer , Sapphire Falls and Royal pacific. The main reasons for adventurer was that it’s slightly cheaper for the stay and the rooms where a bit cleaner / nicer looking though tempted by sapphire for the better pool etc. Lastly for royal it was for the express pass but not sure if they’d be worth it for the amount of time we are there and the time of year?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I usually stay on site at Disney so this will be a new experience!

Hi all,

I am currently planning a trip for next year for me and a friend and will be staying onsite at universal and hoping to visit Epic as well as volcano bay whilst we’re there. We are planning to go from the 9th of Nov - 22nd. I am currently looking at Aventurer , Sapphire Falls and Royal pacific. The main reasons for adventurer was that it’s slightly cheaper for the stay and the rooms where a bit cleaner / nicer looking though tempted by sapphire for the better pool etc. Lastly for royal it was for the express pass but not sure if they’d be worth it for the amount of time we are there and the time of year?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I usually stay on site at Disney so this will be a new experience!
Next year, as in 2025? 14 days is a long time to be at Universal, and we don't know how admission to Epic will be handled. The beginning of your trip may coincide with the week many schools in New Jersey have a break (aka 'Jersey Week') so it may be a bit busier, and there is a US holiday for Veteran's Day in there, but I don't usually use the express pass and with that amount of time I don't think you will need it.

I like Aventura, as a guest there you can use any of the other resort pools, so you can easily walk next door to use the SF pool, go to the RPR pool, or take a boat to Portofino Bay and use their pool, etc.

I agree about the pool hopping, especially with a longer trip it might be nice to check out other pools. Sapphire Falls' pool is really nice and a short walk from Aventura. Aventura will be the least walking within the hotel generally, it has very short halls around a central elevator hub (a very efficient elevator hub) - and also seems to have one of the quieter lobbies. Aventura does lack the tropical theming of the other two, but those floor to ceiling windows are very nice. You might consider if you want to do a split stay and experience two resorts? You might also keep an eye out for Annual Passholder hotel rates, they can save you quite a bit.

Cabana Bay is usually priced about the same as Adventura & has 2 fantastic pools, a lazy river & is literally right next to Volcano Bay :)

I’m just starting to check rates for the new Stella Nova Resort or Terra Luna…
Opening in Jan & Feb 2025….
Didn't know the rates were up yet, they don't show on the AP site but I see them on the Loews site. On par with the ES resort prices, surprisingly. I will be in Orlando in March 2025 but probably will not try to go that trip. Do we know when Epic will open?

Thanks everyone for the input after doing a bit more research I think I am leaning towards cabana bay or sapphire falls, I have stayed at sapphire before but only for a few days. For a slightly increased amount I can get a twin suite at cabana and having a kitchenette seems very tempting for the two weeks. What would you suggest?

I really liked the little living area & kitchenette in the Cabana Bay family suites. There can be a walk to the rooms. You can walk to the parks but we've always taken the bus from CB, it's a quick ride & the buses are very efficient. The boat ride is obviously nicer but often a longer wait than the buses.

Thanks everyone for the input after doing a bit more research I think I am leaning towards cabana bay or sapphire falls, I have stayed at sapphire before but only for a few days. For a slightly increased amount I can get a twin suite at cabana and having a kitchenette seems very tempting for the two weeks. What would you suggest?
We've stayed at all of the existing UO hotels.

The least expensive Premier resort is a good choice for Express Pass. It's usually Royal Pacific but sometimes Portofino Bay sometimes can be less.

We find Cabana Bay to be the best combination of value and theming.

Since you are there for 2 weeks, an annual pass is going to be the best ticket, especially since the hotels are discounted 40% for most weeknights.

For two weeks I would get an AP without a doubt.

I really like Dockside for a long stay. When you figure out what it can save you, its quite a bit over two weeks.
They have the larger rooms suites with a bedroom and Kitchen area.
The rooms are much nicer than I was expecting and even with the hotel packed with high school dance groups I did not have any noise issues over the last two weeks.

They do an amazing job with the buses as well. I do miss the easy access to SF and being able to walk - I used to stay at Aventura, but I can often get Dockside standard room for $93.

Also you may want to check the new hotels for Epic, I assume the busses will be as good as Dockside and I expect it to be in that price range, but who knows.

Other than that I do really like Aventura - I would probably not do CB.
SF is a very nice hotel, but you have access to all its amenities if you stay at Aventura so I would stay at Aventura.
Some people have said Aventura is closer to the pool than some of the rooms at SF.
That may be an exaggeration - IDK.

Another option is a few different hotels. Yeah you have to change, but with the high price at weekends it may be worth it to change, especially since the AP rates don't require 5 nights for the best price and you may not be able to get all 14 at an AP rate. That may also give you the option of one or two nights at RP with express.

Honestly if I was going to Disney again (I don't think I will TBH) I would probably stay at Dockside as well.
I got an uber a couple of days over to Boardwalk and went from there.
It was like $15 each way, so much better value than the Disney resorts IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter