Where to start getting up to date from 2018-2024

Gerbiljo

Earning My Ears
We’ve been Disney fairly regularly up until 2018, 2020 trip was cancelled but we’d paid for half the holiday subsequently we had another baby and the holiday has been pushed back and back and we’ve decided to go in august. It’s too much money to lose but of course now what we’ve paid is now only about 1/4 of holiday.

We are only going Disney and staying at Disney and other than that needs to be cheap as poss. We usually stay all stars but now going port Orleans as baby requires 5th sleeper and own seat on plane.

We had a great system with fast passes and booking meals but I feel like it’s all been thrown out so not as excited as we should be… where’s a good sum up for all the changes?

Ty

(Canadian here). We went every year before kids, until 2014. Went back in 2019, with our 2 kids. At that time, the biggest change was the Fastpass system, which you probably experienced. 2020 trip was cancelled...

Then we went back last year. No more Fastpass, Genie+ is expensive if you're doing a long trip (aka non-American vacation). We used it one day, and waited the others. Beside the heat (early August), it was ok. Resort was as before, but housrkeeping only every othet day. Buses good service, no difference I could spot (except there are now ETA posted at the resort). Food pretty similar.

Thanks so much I have some reading to do.
We used to do am EMH get on some good rides then use 3 fp and get on less popular rides often did most of the planned rides before 3ish when back dressed the kids as princesses had a nice meal then even at another park.

The loss of the fast passes has ruined our plan, I don’t want to pay for genie plus. It has ruined our enthusiasm and had we not have already paid so much I doubt we’d of returned just yet. I want to get excited. I think the lightning lanes I might consider for some of the rides we don’t want to miss. I hope the still do parent switch!!

Don’t mind about house keeping tbh. Annoyed about the magical express. I think the fp planning 90 days before really helped my excitement:(…. Oh to pull a fast pass card from the machine near the ride!!

Hopefully we will get more from the resort being in a moderate one.

Ty

We've been once since all the changes (mid to end of August 2022) and it's definitely not as good without fastpasses. We only paid for Genie+ for MK and HS, didn't feel it was required for EP or AK, during our dates. I managed to join the virtual queue for Guardians ride on EP days, but paid to ride RoTR and FOP.

Less frequent housekeeping didn't bother us at all, we don't need our beds made everyday and happy to use towels for two days running. We hire a car so don't use DME, but the car hire was much more expensive than previous years, but needs must (for us anyway) so I paid the money.

The main issue for us was the ridiculous food prices and the poor exchange rate. We had a $900 credit on our magic band and it was much needed. We ordered at QS on the app alot (brilliant service) and I ate the kids meals which were more than adequate, and the odd time we shared an adult portion (between myself and young teenager). You can request iced water for free, and refill water bottles for free in a few places around the parks (as part of their commitment to the environment), which we did daily. I also brought snacks to the parks for myself rather than buying in the park.

Having said all that, we were still due to return this year, but its been postponed until 2025 now (due to exams), but it gives me an extra year to save up :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter