Where to start and what to know about renting points

angyl15

Earning My Ears
DH, DS (1) and my mom and I are planning a last minute trip to disney in the next few weeks. With a one year old, it would be great to have the added space of a rental and a *** would give us some extra space. Is it possible to rent a timeshare with only a few weeks notice (**). How do we go about this? I have found very few rentals online for specific dates. Do I need to buy points from someone? How do I know how many points I need? I have looked through the sticky threads for all of this but am still somewhat confused. :confused3 Can anyone offer some insight?

Thanks so much!!
Kori

Is it possible to rent a timeshare with only a few weeks notice (**).

theoretically possible but you'd almost never find *** nights in a row at the same resort on such short notice. most timeshare owners book 6+ months in advance to avoid losing their points.

IMO it would be a waste of time to look this late. sorry.

How do we go about this? I have found very few rentals online for specific dates. Do I need to buy points from someone?

technically, you are not buying pts (although that is the lingo). a timeshare owner is making a reservation and you are renting the reservation. they still own the reservation until you actually check in.

How do I know how many points I need?

there is a link to point charts in the top right-hand corner of the screen.

I have looked through the sticky threads for all of this but am still somewhat confused. :confused3 Can anyone offer some insight?

this thread is very useful:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1669863

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter