Where to sell Disney themed original artwork?

Debbie Mueller Art

Earning My Ears
I am an oil painter, and planning a trip to WDW in January. I would like to create a body of work from photos done in the parks. 1) any copyright issues if I paint, for instance, Dumbo? And where is a good place to market these paintings? (I am an award winning professional artist showing in multiple galleries , so paintings will cost from $500 to $2000 depending on size).

Thanks in advance!

I wish I had an answer for this question, but I have been wondering the same thing. I am not a professional artist, but I am a skilled drawer and people have occasionally paid me cheap prices to draw their favourite characters for framing on their wall, but I would like to sell some of my character drawings on eBay and donate 50% to charity, but I don't want to encounter copyright problems with Disney and other huge companies 😓

You can probably email Disney legal/PR departments to get an official answer. My impression is if you are using Disney images/likenesses to sell for a profit is probably where you get into copyright/legal issues. Disney is very careful about not allowing others to capitalize on their popular brand images.

Whether they will permit you to do this by paying some kind of royalty can only be answered by Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter