Where to have a drink when you have kids in tow?

flexsmom

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Other than the Adult pool and the spa, are there other areas that are verboten for kids? I'm specifically interested in the lounges - if my DD4 is at the club and we couldn't get Flounders ressies, are there any lounges we can'not enter for a drink with DS7 months in tow in a baby seat? (We would, of course, have the good sense to get up and leave if he erupted!) If the answer is that most of the lounges are off limits for those under 18, then where can we go for a cocktail other than on the deck?

Thanks in advance!

Get your cocktail to go!

A couple of times while DW got the kids ready for bed I would go and get us cocktails and bring them back to the room to enjoy on the verandah. Once I got them at ESPN and the other time by the adult pool.

BTW, I did see minors at ESPN late at night. This might be your best choice.

Kids are fobidden in the clubs on Route 66/Beat Street at night, and yes, they do consider a child or baby in a car seat or stroller a "kid." You can get a drink in the Promenade Lounge, which is open to all ages at all times. You can also get a drink by the Goofy pool and I have seen people order a drink at the bar near the adult pool with kids in tow too. The rule is mainly against kids swimming in the pool or hanging around on the chairs. They're not going to chase you away if you just stop by to pick up some liquid refreshment.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I'm sure I have seen kids with parents at Promenade Lounge and Preludes outside of WD Theater. Also, the Navigators list Studio Sea on their bar list and I know it is open to children. (studio sea - not the bar!)

Thank you! At least we have some alternatives - both inside and outside - for those Flounder-less nights!

I think Promenades is a very good choice. DS 6 paged us from the club while we were participating in a game show (trivia on 80's songs if I recall). I brought DS back down and he "helped" us play. It was fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter