Where to get a decent cup of coffee?

cndmama05

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at fort wilderness and going to the parks for rope drop. Where can we get a good cup of coffee? We've had Joffrey's brewed in the cabins before and it was ok. Not great. Hoping to find something a bit stronger that we can pick on the way to the parks or at the park (Without a huge lineup)

We just left FW... your best bet may be Starbucks in the parks... There is one on Main Street in MK and in other parks, too.

We will be staying at fort wilderness and going to the parks for rope drop. Where can we get a good cup of coffee? We've had Joffrey's brewed in the cabins before and it was ok. Not great. Hoping to find something a bit stronger that we can pick on the way to the parks or at the park (Without a huge lineup)
On the way, Not sure, But the coffee press at AKV/Kidani namely Sanaa was very good. As well as over at POLY......:confused3:drinking1--->:thumbsup2

You may want to consider bringing your own coffee if you don't like the Joffrey's they provide. There are some great press pot coffees in some of the TS restaurants, otherwise, it's Starbucks and Joffrey's in the parks and the Starbucks lines can be quite long, especially in the mornings. The coffee at Kona Isle in Poly is good, but certainly not convenient from Ft. W.

Agree with @Marthasor its likely best to bring you're own. We've learned to live with Joffrey's over time, but used to bring our own pods of something we liked. Much more convenient and cheaper

According to my DH there is no good coffee on Disney property. He ends up going without while we are there. If you are a Starbucks fan though that can easily be found. I took him to Kona Café because people raved about it there, but in his words he thought it "tasted like crap." I guess like anything individual preferences vary.

I liked Joffrey's quite a bit! Would pick that over Starbucks. But I also seek out good coffee at restaurants and tend to pick those places that serve the pressed pot. Hey - there has been a million percent upgrade in what WDW coffee used to be! Rejoice!

The Joffrey's stands in the parks are quite good, especially if you stick with regular non-sugary drinks like a traditional latte or americano. There's also Contemporary Grounds on the first floor of the Contemporary, and Kona Island at PVR (between the two I'd suggest the former). Many TS places serve excellent French press pots too. Starbucks as a last resort, I guess.

I'm always baffled when I hear folks complain about there being no "good" coffee in WDW. I love good coffee and find the options plentiful.

I can drink almost any swill iced, as long as it's on the stronger side. I prefer really strong coffee, but as long as it's not just dishwater, and it is iced, I'll survive. It's made caffeine intake on the go much easier.

I do not really like Starbuck's but whenever I get their coffee I always get a shot (or two) of espresso in it! pixiedust:

There are two types of Coffee Drinkers:
1.) Those who prefer very dark, rich, Starbucks, and
2.) Those who prefer the milder Dunkin' Donuts.

Starbucks are now in the Parks & multiple in Disney Springs. And, as you're mentioned, there are Joffrey's too for those who prefer a milder cup-o-coffee.

We are a Starbucks family and find the 'instant' Via from Starbucks to be better than most 'brewed' coffee. We even bring these to our favorite local diner that serves lousy coffee. We always bring these to Disney.

The Via 'French' roast has the fuller flavor (that some folks suggest tastes burnt), while the 'Italian' roast is also full-bodied, but with less of the edge. There are also medium (Pike's Place) & mild (Columbia) roasts available.

Best Coffee at Disney is made in a vacuum at Victoria & Albert. Otherwise, Kona serves a 'French Press' that makes an excellent cup of coffee.

FWIW, I drink black coffee and unadulterated double-espresso all day. I avoid mild coffee by enjoying espresso - even at Joffrey's.

boy doesn't anyone complaining about the coffee remember the nescafe machine coffee? They have come a long way, baby!

I agree about the milder DD coffee vs. stronger *$$ coffee... DD coffee is very acidic and makes my stomach hurt :(

(not that fussy about my coffee though I do like it darker and stronger, but even I couldn't stomach that swill!)

Off-topic, so my apologies, but Victoria & Alberts definitely serves the best coffee on property (although it's a bit difficult to get since you'll need a much-coveted reservation for dinner to go along with it)! If you've never seen the vacuum brewer they use to brew your coffee tableside, look it up on YouTube. It's such a wonderful experience in person. One of my favorite memories at WDW.

V&A's, like all other restaurants at WDW, serves Joffrey's beans. There are specific blends/roasts made for many of the restaurants on property (V&A, Cali Grill, Flying Fish, Jiko, Brown Derby, the Wave, etc), which is really a neat touch. Most are very good. Personally I find the Joffrey's beans far superior to your typical Starbucks over-roasted stuff, but that's more of a personal preference. There are many options on property and definitely better than the Nescafé days of the past, thank goodness!

my friends gave me an AeroPress coffee maker before our european trip. I will be taking that and some good ground coffee with me - better coffee, cheaper, faster and all I need is hot water.

I think there are 3 types of Coffee Drinkers:
2.) Those who prefer the milder Dunkin' Donuts and
3.) Those that don't like either

I agree that there are 3 types of coffee drinkers and I would fall into the category of those that don't like either.
OP if you are that concerned about a good cup of coffee then I would certainly agree with bringing some and making it yourself.

According to my DH there is no good coffee on Disney property. He ends up going without while we are there. If you are a Starbucks fan though that can easily be found. I took him to Kona Café because people raved about it there, but in his words he thought it "tasted like crap." I guess like anything individual preferences vary.

Did he get the press pot of actual Kona or just a cup of coffee? The latter was my mistake first time there.

my friends gave me an AeroPress coffee maker before our european trip. I will be taking that and some good ground coffee with me - better coffee, cheaper, faster and all I need is hot water.

I think there are 3 types of Coffee Drinkers:
2.) Those who prefer the milder Dunkin' Donuts and
3.) Those that don't like either
:wave2:

My favorite coffee drinks are the ones that most effectively hide the taste of coffee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter