Where to eat?

Honeymooner04

DIS Veteran
We're planning a repeat trip to DL in October with our (then) 8 month old daughter (I can't believe she'll be 8 months, gosh time goes by fast!). Anyway, where should we eat? We've done La Brea Bakery (not a fan), the Minnie's breakfast (cute but didn't like how people who weren't eating at the restaurant would come in and ask the characters for autographs) and lunch at Ariel's Grotto (will be going again because it's just too cute to see a baby with a princess!)

So, obviously we need some help! Where do you like to eat and what's your favorite food there? And would all the DL restaurants be cool with us and our little princess (even the fancy ones?) Thanks!

Patty

Yes, they will be cool with you bringing a child in just about anywhere. I might not take her to Napa Rose. Its a expensive meal, and often it takes a while to get thru all the courses. An 8 month old is probably not going to enjoy it!

We like Red Rockets in tomorrow land for pasta and salad. It's counter service, but the food is pretty good. Carnation cafe is good. The breakfast there is great, and the price isnt bad. BBQ at Riverbell is pretty tasty, and a big enough meal to share. White Water snacks in the GC is pretty good. If you are looking for a nice sit down, family friendly place you might try Storytellers at the GC. Breakfast is a character meal, lunch and dinner are not.

When we've eaten at Minnies we did not have problems with people coming in that had not paid. They stamp your hand when you enter. They are pretty quick to kick people out that arent stamped.

I would highly recommend the Carnation Cafe (sit down with healthy choices and reasonable prices), Red Rocket (again, healthy choices, split entrees), White Water Snacks and Storyteller's Cafe. When my little ones were your daugther's age, I really liked to be able to sit down and have healthy, fresh food for the kids--fruit, cheese, yogurt. Even tho my kids are older (7 and 9), these are still our top dining choices at the DLR. Oh, and don't forget Hooke's Point in DLH. Great food!

Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel has a fun Character Breakfast and extra people can't come in.

We like the Pacific Wharf Cafe (it is just counter service) over at California Adventure. They have some great salads & soups in sourdough breadbowls.

Carnation Cafe is good too. It is only a couple dollars more than the counter service places and they have good food.

I love the Blue Bayou. When we were there last Friday, there were a lot of children with their parents. We love the atmosphere and the Monte Cristo. It was enough for DH and I to split and we had room for dessert.

I would probably go with River Belle Terrace...breakfasts are good and they have good bbq for lunch or dinner...kids fare there is pbandj and mini corn dogs, they have sandwiches and salads so yeah thats my 2 cents :cool1:

When we ate at Minnie's breakfast in May there was a HUGE problem of people coming in to meet with the characters. We were sitting outside near the gate sort of across the street from the baby care center. If a waitress or other non-character cast member saw people without the stamp they would tell them to leave but the characters would just sign their books and take pictures since they can't talk. It caused a massive delay in the characters making it to all the tables. So it may not be a problem all of the time but it was definately a problem when we were there so that's why were not returning there for our Oct. visit.

Goofy's Kitchen! Great food and WONDERFUL character interaction. Your baby would fit right in! It's a perfect restaurant for little kids.

Pizza Port in tomorrowland is very good, too. As others have said, it's counter service. The salads are huge. I've had the caesar salad many times and it's always tasted very good.

Eric&Tyler'sMommy said:
Pizza Port in tomorrowland is very good, too. As others have said, it's counter service. The salads are huge. I've had the caesar salad many times and it's always tasted very good.

now although I havent had their salads, I dont really like pizza port but I do like Pizza Oom Mow Mow...nice big slices and a great assortment :bitelip:

We liked the Blue Bayou last time we went, a bit pricey though. We usually eat at these counter-service restaurants: Rancho Zocalo, Stage Door, River Belle Terrace, Redd Rockets.

Is the Blue Bayou the one inside of Pirates ride? Does anyone know what their menu is like? My daughter has be begging me to eat there, but she's very picky about what she'll eat, so I'm worried about paying for her to sit there and eat nothing.....

Thanks

Yeah I would do Goofy's Kitchen, I wouldn't like the idea of people trying to come in either. We always have our Character meals there, no one is in there that isn't eating there. And we've always had good interactions with the Characters.

Rainforest Cafe is another one of our favorites, we eat there once a trip too.

We like the Pacific Wharf Cafe and Taste Pilots in DCA. The salads and hamburgers are good. There is a condiment bar with fresh leaf lettuce, tomatoes, onions etc. - so you can add to your burger or salad. They also have digital touchscreens to do your own ordering - fairly simple and it even calculates the AP discount!

For ambiance, nothing beats Blue Bayou inside Pirates of the Caribbean.

Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney is a really fun place, too.

And we also really like Carnation Cafe on Main Street.

OMG! After reading all these replies, I just realized we've eaten in every one of these places! Guess you could say we have eaten our way around the DLR over the years. Just had to add a recomendation for the House of Blues in DD, and ohh just :love: the bread bowls at Pacific Warf in DCA. For some reason they are much better than the ones in New Orleans Square. :confused3

Yes, those bread bowls at Pacific Wharf Cafe are to DIE FOR. I got a salad for myself and walked over to Taste Pilots Grill so my boys could get some burgers; I am not kidding when I tell you at least 15-20 people asked me where I got that salad. Even the CMs at Taste Pilot's Grill were eyeing it and asking me where I got it, how much it was, etc. Great, now I am craving it!

Oh, and they loved their food at Taste Pilot's too.

We like to eat at French Market in New Orleans Square. The portions at Rancho del Zocalo were HUGE! And pretty tasty. My oldest son and I stayed later one night and we dined in Village Haus- he really liked his pizza, but then again, he is not picky when it comes to pizza. Cafe Orleans is now a sit down restaurant and there wasn't much on it I thought my kids would eat.

We went to Goofy's Kitchen two summers ago, and we won't do it again. I thought it was quite overpriced, the character interaction was poor, and although the food was plentiful, I just didn't find it THAT tasty.

...the new restaurant in NOS, but I can't think of the name!!!

Cafe Orleans!! That's it.

Try the garlic fries, very lovely. We also enjoyed their other versions of the Monte Crisco, too!

Handbag Lady said:
...the new restaurant in NOS, but I can't think of the name!!!

Cafe Orleans!! That's it.

Try the garlic fries, very lovely. We also enjoyed their other versions of the Monte Crisco, too!

CO isnt a new restaurant but they have vamped their menu to include some of BB favorites...thank goodness for the MC being there and cheaper :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter