Where to eat when staying at SSR?

WillowRain

You can find me at Animal Kingdom!
We are doing a split stay, never been to SSR nor to Disney Springs. We are trying Bongos, we have 3 kids under 10 and 4 adults. Elderly grandma who is not adventurous. We will be on DDP. Looking for breakfast one day, and lunch dinner for 2 days. Are there any good restaurants in the hotels nearby either? I know nothing about this side of WDW.

The QS Artist's Palette at SSR is one of the best.

T-Rex would be a hit with the kiddos, perhaps Raglan Road?

Thanks all. Was just looking at Artists and Turf. Having a low key hotel/water park swim day, so these would be convenient. I would LOVE to take the kids to Trex but mom is all about maximizing those dining credits!

Olivia's at OKW has a great breakfast. You could walk or boat to Disney Springs and then boat to OKW for a nice trip and good food.

Thanks all. Was just looking at Artists and Turf. Having a low key hotel/water park swim day, so these would be convenient. I would LOVE to take the kids to Trex but mom is all about maximizing those dining credits!
Why can’t you go to T Rex? It is on the Dining Plan

T-Rex is about in line with other Disney Dining as far as price, so it would be a good use of the dining plan.

As someone who was a former CM at Artist's... if you're not spending time at the main pool that day, skip it for lunch. The sandwiches are decent, but you can get better at Earl of Sandwich. The flatbreads leave something to be desired and the chicken tenders are the same ones you'll get anywhere on property. The chips are good, but not worth the headache imho. Also having to share the cash registers with the gift shop. The single most annoying thing ever. (Keep in mind, I have not worked there since Aug 2011, and have not eaten there since May 2015. So if things have changed since then, please disregard).

What I will suggest you try AP for is breakfast. Yes, it's standard. But they do provide easels for your kids to color on. And, (keep in mind that I'm going off 3.5 year old into here) if your child asks, they'll even hang their drawings on the wall. It was actually one of my favorite things to do as a CM. It absolutely makes kids days to know that their work is on display for every single guest as nd CM to admire.

As someone who was a former CM at Artist's... if you're not spending time at the main pool that day, skip it for lunch. The sandwiches are decent, but you can get better at Earl of Sandwich. The flatbreads leave something to be desired and the chicken tenders are the same ones you'll get anywhere on property. The chips are good, but not worth the headache imho. Also having to share the cash registers with the gift shop. The single most annoying thing ever. (Keep in mind, I have not worked there since Aug 2011, and have not eaten there since May 2015. So if things have changed since then, please disregard).

What I will suggest you try AP for is breakfast. Yes, it's standard. But they do provide easels for your kids to color on. And, (keep in mind that I'm going off 3.5 year old into here) if your child asks, they'll even hang their drawings on the wall. It was actually one of my favorite things to do as a CM. It absolutely makes kids days to know that their work is on display for every single guest as nd CM to admire.

Agreed about the check out process at Artist Palette being really annoying. Don’t know who thought that up. We actually prefer the paddock grill—the others major QS at SSR—for both the food and the ease of ordering.

We really enjoyed the Turf Club for dinner at SSR.

We often stay at SSR for the convenience of walking into Disney Springs. There are some terrific places to eat. Raglan Road, Homecoming, Bongos, and Morimoto are all kid friendly and are excellent choices. The Springs also have great quick service choices as well. It's a nice walk from SSR- enjoy!

Beach club is the same way for QS food check out. Me waiting in line with 3 bags full of food to take back to the room, while someone decided what pin to buy. MOVE IT !!!!

We liked to run down to the Paddock for a quick breakfast to bring up to the room. Had a 2 week stay and a couple of delightful Cast members often made our day, sometimes customising our breakfast or adding pixie dust treats :)

We also really like Turf Club and have gone well out of our way to eat there. IMO great value on the dining plan.

So we have decided on Artists for breakfast one day. Turf club for dinner one day. Polite Pig dinner. Bongos for lunch. Mom wants to try Cookes of Dublin on our way out. Also doing Coral Reef on last Epcot day, I have heard mixed reviews but I'm getting the lobster.

Breakfast at Artist’s Palette. Lunch could be Earl of Sandwich or Blaze Pizza at DS. For dinner, consider Raglan Road (ask to be seated in the main room), Polite Pig, or Homecoming.

So we have decided on Artists for breakfast one day. Turf club for dinner one day. Polite Pig dinner. Bongos for lunch. Mom wants to try Cookes of Dublin on our way out. Also doing Coral Reef on last Epcot day, I have heard mixed reviews but I'm getting the lobster.
if you like lobster, they have Baked Crab Stuffed Lobster at the Boathouse. Both times that we have eaten there, that was my choice. I'm a mess eating it trying to get all the lobster out of the shell, but it was very good.

Even with a 2 week stay on DDP we missed out on so much food I wanted to try. Bummed I missed Polite Pig. And I have amazing memories of our very enjoyable meal at Cookes of Dublin years ago.

My very favorite restaurant in Disney Springs is Raglan Road. The dancers/music show starts around 4:30 on weekdays (they start around brunch on weekends) so it's great for an early dinner, before it gets too crowded. Don't go expecting a quiet family meal--it's loud and you probably will have a hard time holding a conversation with everyone once the show starts. But it's a great time and the food has always been yummy.

I've also had very good food at House of Blues, and I'd love to try their "Gospel brunch" one day.

Agreed about the check out process at Artist Palette being really annoying. Don’t know who thought that up. We actually prefer the paddock grill—the others major QS at SSR—for both the food and the ease of ordering.

We really enjoyed the Turf Club for dinner at SSR.

I was there when the Paddock opened. Never ate there when it opened since they were still working out the kinks any new restaurant has. And I never went there afterwards since it's really out of the way if you aren't staying there. At least AP is right by the boat dock. Nice to hear it's a good option.

We stay at Saratoga a lot. We enjoy all their QS locations, Paddock grill is the only one that has fries though. We also really like Turf Club. It's quiet and not much to look at but the food is always good and sometimes it's nice to just walk over and have dinner instead of dealing with the buses. In Disney Springs we really like Raglan Road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter