Where to eat arrival night in the Boardwalk/Yacht Club area?

We found the lounges to be crowded and slow service. Go to Tratorria. Homemade bread and pasta but lots of other options too. Fun atmosphere and reasonable prices. Much less expensive than Blue Zoo and Flying Fish. Then enjoy boardwalk evening entertainment.

I would try to get an ADR for Beaches & Cream. So cute and fun. I’d set up an ADR search with the free Touring Plans ADR finder. I think it is closed for refurb starting 8/3. We went there on our first night of our short visit in January and it was a fun choice for our arrival day.

I personally don't get the hype. The service was pathetically bad, the burger was just ok and the ice cream requires all that junk on it because it's not that good IMHO.

I generally go to Il Mulinano in the Swan and eat at the bar, but if you want to use DDP that's not an option.

I personally don't get the hype. The service was pathetically bad, the burger was just ok and the ice cream requires all that junk on it because it's not that good IMHO.

I generally go to Il Mulinano in the Swan and eat at the bar, but if you want to use DDP that's not an option.

That’s fine. We experienced very prompt and attentive service. We save our fine dining for at home, and while we are at WDW, we do more of the themed dining. For us, it’s just a fun place to eat.

Was it the best burger in the world? No. Was a it a fun and festive place to eat the first night when we were staying at Boardwalk? Yes.

OP has 8 & 10 year old kids. I loved Beaches & Cream when I was a kid and I think it’s a fun place for a family to go.

For my upcoming June trip, I'm doing dinner at Flying Fish on my arrival day. I'll do walk-up and eat at the bar, so that I don't have the stress of trying to make an ADR time, should there be any travel delays or complications. It's one of my favorites, so will be a lovely way to kick off the trip in style.

We managed to book Beaches and Cream a couple of days before it closes so we will at a minimum be able to see what all the hype is about and have some ice cream 8-)

Cape May isn't good--even the seafood is bad, so don't go there. Yachtsman is solid but is 2 credits on the dining plan so maybe not an option. If it is that's your best choice. For past trips we'd go to Crew's Cup lounge on arrival day and pay out of pocket, but the selections are now significantly limited and overpriced so I wouldn't recommend it. Haven't been to Trattoria but that might be an option, and if not then I'd give Ale & Compass a shot.
Now see, we love Cape May. We’ve never had bad food there and that was going to be my recommendation.

Now see, we love Cape May. We’ve never had bad food there and that was going to be my recommendation.

I agree. I think the crab legs are great, which is what we mainly go there for. We have this booked for our arrival night, and when staying in the boardwalk area we will typically eat there twice.

Yachtsman Steakhouse is our vacation first night dinner. We loathe Cape May Cafe. Ale and Compass is ok if one if not real picky. We had fish and chips there for lunch on our departure day.

Why do you loathe Cape May? Is that the buffet?

Why do you loathe Cape May? Is that the buffet?
Yes, it’s the buffet. We were underwhelmed with the seafood choices and the snow crab legs were a lot of work for very little meat. But there’s no denying many folks like it. We’d rather eat elsewhere. That’s all... It’s worth trying once and then deciding for yourself.

We are staying at Beach Club this august and our arrival night dinner is planned for il mulino. We have never eaten there yet so I may not be helping at all but figured I would mention it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter