• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to dine in Epcot that's fun for kids & adults?

wdwphanatic

Mouseketeer
Hi, everyone! We'll be going to WDW soon and are trying to decide on a sitdown restaurant for dinner that the kids (ages 3, 6 and 9) would enjoy and that would offer good food. We're already scheduled to have lunch at San Angel Inn but were trying to come up with a place to have dinner that would offer interesting cuisine and yet also be a place they wouldn't be bored with... I've been to Le Cellier, Alfredo's and Coral Reef, and was thinking of trying Marrakesh this trip but haven't heard good reports about it lately... Any other suggestions??

Thanks fo the help,
Sarah

The chefs are entertaining at Teppanyaki, and there is entertainment at Biergarten. In fact, they invite people down to participate.

We like the Biergarten. Fun entertainment and even my picky eater dd found food she enjoyed.

I am not say not to go here Japan, but we where there in June and the chefs were terrible. we had to beg for him to make the potato volcano. He did a couple of flips and that was it. My granddaughter loves this place and really wanted to go since she is only 8 she did not relaize how bad he was. I watched the other chefs and they did not seem any better. My opionion they raised their prices, cut out the soup, cut out the salad and cut out the show. Not worth it to go anymore.

Germany is great. The food is good and they interact with thekids.

Hi. At the end of the month my kids will be 9, 6, and 2. Their favorite Epcot restaurants are 1. Biergarten, 2. Morroco, and 3. Rose and Crown Pub. The Biergarten is fun, noisy (so you don't have to keep saying shhh) and they liked the food. Morroco is fun and different, and the food is bland. I realize that's usually a bad thing but at least everyone will eat it. And the Rose and Crown is fun, again noisy because you are outside, and my kids love their food. They usually order different things and share among themselves. Also, the R & C has a cute ice cream sundae that has a chocolate crown on top that the kids like.

They didn't like the San Angel Inn (although my hubby and I did). The tables are close together so the kids have to be more well behaved, and they didn't like how dark it was. They couldn't see their food. Plus, we can always find a good mexican restaurant home--we like to eat at the places we can't find home. We've never tried the restaurant in Italy for the same reason even though I've heard it's good. There are some great Italian restaurants near our home, so we choose to do other things.

Jenny

I would have thought the Teppanyaki in Japan was the best option, although I haven't eaten there for a good few years, IMHO Benehana's at the Hilton in DTD does similar food, better quality and cheaper.

Don't forget you have the option of exiting Epcot through the international gateway and trying the restaurants along the Boardwalk area. Spoodles might be a good choice and the kids can have a run around the boardwalk area to burn off some energy.

I really appreciate hearing from everyone! I've never been to Teppanyaki, but we have some halfway decent Benihana-type places near us at home, so I figured we'd skip that option unless it's really outstanding... I really don't like traditional German food, though the atmosphere of Biergarten sounds fun! What type of food options do they offer? Maybe we'll try that. I'd also love to try Rose & Crown (DH and I love British ales!), but I figured it would be uninteresting for our kids... Glad to hear that at least one of you guys has kids who like it!

We're actually staying at BCV, so we're planning to hang out at Beaches & Cream one night and maybe have pizza on the boardwalk another. I'd love to return to Palio, as I adored that on my last trip... Just wondered if I were overlooking a really fun place for the kids at Epcot, so I figured I'd post.

Thanks again for the feedback,
Sarah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter