Where to buy a ring

Disneylover79

<font color=darkorchid>I'm a cheap date!<br><font
So DBF told me to find a few rings that I like and he will buy one for me for Christmas.... so I am looking and my question for my fellow Disers is where (if any) do you look for rings on the internet... have you ever bought from EBAY or any online sites.... please help me out... I am looking more for a promise ring but a little more than a promise ring but not as much as a engagement ring.... thanks for the help....

Please don't take offense but is this stuff real on bidz.com? They all look legit but are sooo cheap.... sorry if I offended you.. I truly don't mean to...

So DBF told me to find a few rings that I like and he will buy one for me for Christmas.... so I am looking and my question for my fellow Disers is where (if any) do you look for rings on the internet... have you ever bought from EBAY or any online sites.... please help me out... I am looking more for a promise ring but a little more than a promise ring but not as much as a engagement ring.... thanks for the help....

I bought a ring on ebay a few years back, it was a so-so experience. One of the stones fell out, but the seller did accept the return, and I did get my money back.. but I was out a ring!

How about QVC or HSN? I've had good luck with both! :)

Try JC Penneys...they have great quality jewelry and you can get REALLY great prices when they are running sales.

Thank you all for your help... my biggest question is how do I know what is real and what is not.....thanks

Try JC Penneys...they have great quality jewelry and you can get REALLY great prices when they are running sales.

Funny you say this because I found the ring I want for my engagement ring atr JCP... I love it and I have emailed a pic to DBF so maybe, just maybe I will get it.....

Please don't take offense but is this stuff real on bidz.com? They all look legit but are sooo cheap.... sorry if I offended you.. I truly don't mean to...

not offended at all i had a friend who worked at a jewlery store look at my ring and she said it has real diamonds in it and i got my moneys worth and i just love it but i understand why you were asking

Just my 2 cents worth. I would go to a reputable jeweler together. They are having some great sales right now. I would want ot know I was getting the real deal.

My engagement ring and wedding band were purchased on bluenile.com. This was way back in 99/00...so they've been in business for awhile (well, relative to Internet stores!).

I can also vouch for bidz.com- they do sell cubic zirconia as well as crystals, etc but if you hover the mouse over the item it tells you what the item is made of- also if you click on it you get the whole run down- certificates are available for almost every authentic piece- a small charge involved but truly- long story short, everything we have bought has appraised higher than we paid AND no issues on shipping etc-
Suggestion- if you win a bid and see later the same piece or something else you like better or better bid to your favor... you can't "purchase" the second one until you let the 1st one "fall out" of your cart- it tells you how many days you have to pay- Also, if you win bids and make a habit of NOT purchasing, eventually they will ban you- (You can sign back up with a different e-mail)-
I don't try and "cheat" the system but one time I won a bid and I was still looking for a coordinating necklace or bracelet... I saw the same ring I won at such a lower bid going into last few seconds- so, I jumped in and won about $40- cheaper than first- I didn't know what to do as I didn't want both- one of the guys I work with asked how long I had to pay for first item, and second item- he told me just let first fall out of cart and then purchase the item that was left- it worked! I know now they have multiple of same items to post- Oh! & also, sometimes you may be bidding and lose a bid- they will flash a 60 second offer to receive same item at same price! I did this once too- Got a 18K, 18 inch gold chain for $42-!! Site had it comparing at $429- At jeweler's where my sister worked it appraised at close to $600- now gold does change market value and very often but I am very pleased with bidz.com!
HTH
PS- also the key to really low bid on higher dollar items- shop at times many other people will not be on- take into account many time differences but very late at night, weekend nights, and very early morning has worked great for me! I do browse from work but have only tried bidding once, I lost, - You can also click bid history and see how many other people are bidding on an item- wait until last 15 seconds to bid- it will add 15 seconds to bid time for anyone to counter the bid- OR you can set auto bid and just put the top dollar amount you are willing to go on an item- it will auto bid up to the dollar amount you have preset- then if you max that out but still really want it- You can still hit the bid now button and get back in at your discretion. Good Luck if you choose to check this site out more!

Personally I would not make such an important purchase online. No way I would want to buy my engagement ring sight unseen.

DH and I went to a place where you pick out the setting and the diamond each by themselves. That way you know the exact clarity and flaws in the stone. They would turn on the "flashy lights" to show you what it would look like, say, at the jewelry store in the mall. Then they would turn on the regular lights and point out the "real" qualities of the stone.

We have purchased three rings there.... and never had a problem with any of them. They regularly check them out and clean them.

You just can't get that kind of service online, and to us it is well worth the cost.

Good luck and congrats!! :thumbsup2

I love the Hawaiian jewelry. It's much more interesting than regular rings, I always get compliments on my plumeria ring. My boyfriend got mine at Na Hoku, check out their website. Great stuff!

Personally I would not make such an important purchase online. No way I would want to buy my engagement ring sight unseen.

DH and I went to a place where you pick out the setting and the diamond each by themselves. That way you know the exact clarity and flaws in the stone. They would turn on the "flashy lights" to show you what it would look like, say, at the jewelry store in the mall. Then they would turn on the regular lights and point out the "real" qualities of the stone.

We have purchased three rings there.... and never had a problem with any of them. They regularly check them out and clean them.

You just can't get that kind of service online, and to us it is well worth the cost.

Good luck and congrats!! :thumbsup2

I kind of have to agree with this. When we were in the market for my engagement ring, a local jeweler was going out of business and there was an auction. I thought I knew what I wanted, but when I saw "the ring" it wasn't anything like I thought I wanted. It is an older type setting, but the diamond was beautiful! It just out sparkled everything else in the case. I still get a lot of compliments on it. I know you are looking for more of a promise ring, but when the time comes to get an engagement ring, shop for the diamond. There are jewelers here that let you pick out your stone, and then you pick what kind of setting you want it in.

Gems tv they will find what you are looking for they have very high end jewelry and Jewelry for any budget when you phone tell them what you want and your budget its on tv 24 hrs a day they have some amazing gems.:cool1: :cool1:

If you have a BJ's nearby, it would be worth a trip! They have a great selection of jewelry at reasonable prices. Costco has nice stuff as well, but they tend to only carry high end stuff.

How about this?
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/natural-sapphire-halo-ring-70-emerald-cut-sapphire

or this?
http://www.faycullen.com/rings/800/e707r6td.html

Well...go figure! There's a whole section dedicated to promise rings.
http://www.faycullen.com/sets.html
I don't like these as much as a generic pretty ring...they look to much like 'mini-engagement' rings like a high school boyfriend would buy. I'd rather spend a little more money and get a ring I'd wear even after married.

Here are my choices for good places to get jewelry online.

www.dbof.com

www.diamondsbylauren.com

http://www.faycullen.com

ebay seller
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/5th-ave-jewels_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ
sorted lowest to highest rings
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/5th-a...sbZQQ_trksidZp3911Q2ec0Q2em14QQ_sopZ15QQ_scZ1
My brother bought my SIL a pair of gorgeous earrings from them.

FOR a WEALTH of knowledge at a messageboard dedicated to diamond lovers and jewelry in general. sort of like the disboards of diamonds.

http://www.diamondring.com/forums/

When DH designed my 15 year ring I learned alot there. We have a local jeweler that we use but the knowledge was great.

I vote to stay AWAY from mall jewelers and stick to the free standing places that have been in business for years.

I don't know enough, but if i did or was willing to take a chance, A PAWN SHOP is supposed to be a great place to score a beautiful ring at a DEAL.

Best of luck in the hunt. It's so fun.

My mom's engagement ring was a beautiful white and yellow gold love knot.

Trish

Maybe you can have a ring made with your birthstone and his birthstone? You can find these at most jewerly stores and are often times "mother" rings but some are very modern and this can show the bond between the two of you,, I had a friend who had one custom made as her wedding ring, and it was simply beautiful.

I haven't read all the responses, I'm sneaking the Dis in when I should be getting kids ready for school. :goodvibes

Just wanted to say a couple of things.

1. Moisonite (sp?) stones (I believe) test out as real diamonds when they use their little wand thing. Not sure if in the last few years technology has gotten better and they can now identify for sure. Moisonite are lab created diamonds. ETA: I didn't finish my thought. This would be my concern with buying from anyone that I didn't know was reputable. You might be getting Moisonite and paying for diamonds. KWIM?

2. I would personally buy from a jeweler. It is too big of a purchase to make online. Check out several places to compare prices. For me, a local jeweler was able to provide me a better stone, cheaper than one of the chains.

3. Also, diamond buying is confusing. Check online about color, cut, clarity and all that and have an idea going in what you are interested in buying.

I don't know anything about online stores, however, with a diamond if the price is incredible I would be suspicious. I looked at one stone that was a great price and had great color rating, but as I looked at it it had an inclusion (flaw) large enough that I could see with my own eyes. I didn't need magnification.

All of the above, I stand by when shopping for a larger stone (such as an engagement ring), however, I just saw that you are not looking for a true engagement ring. If it is a promise ring, you might consider the Moisonite. Looks like a diamond, sparkles like a diamond for a whole let less money.

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter