Where to book?

babywewe

Mouseketeer
I'm just starting to plan my dis trip. Where should I book? AAA, TA, or directly through dis? Or are prices pretty much the same everywhere. I'd like to stay in the sports or movie hotel

For me personally, I like to "shop around" and see what EVERYONE has to offer me....it is BIG business the Travel Business, so you never know where you might get the BEST deal.

The IMPORTANT thing I always ask when first starting out is "what is your cancellation policy?" Just on the whim I might get a better deal elsewhere.

I have booked through BOTH Disney and AAA! Make some calls, keep a journal and then see what you come up with....include hotels, park tickets, dining plan, airfare, etc etc.

GOOD LUCK!!! :sunny:

I booked through AAA here in Texas. I saved $350.00 on my package. For me I found them to be very reasonable.

HTH! :)

I booked through www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com. I also got prices through AAA which were the same as DU. That price was about $400 less than directly with WDW. I loved my agent Rhonda. I liked dealing with one person and I don't know if that would be true with AAA.

Definitely shop around as mentioned above. Also, be sure to check out mousesavers.com as they will give you lots of discount info when available!! Happy planning to you!

Do the shopping and get the best deal you can.

WE have done all the math, know whats the better deal, whether from an AP rate or using AAA, we always call CRO and make our reservations over the phone to a CM. We can apply AAA discount or go for the AP rate, we ask the CM to run the numbers and ask which is cheaper. WE just book room only, never a package, feel you never get everything out of it for the money and using CRO, we get all our answers, ressies numbers, questions answered and whats new and coming. Its like one stop shopping right from the horses mouth. You might save a few bucks with a TA, but I've read too many horror stories and don't want to get wrapped up into one myself. If any mistakes are made, its my fault and if a TA makes a mistake, its too late to correct once you're there.

Hi! I don't know the cheapest way to book, as this will be our first time going. From what I understand, part of it depends on whether you want a package or room only (where you'd be buying the tickets or annual passport seperately).
We decided we wanted to go with the dining plan, so we got the package (for us 10.99/day per kid was a bargain). We went to our AAA office and we got the package. I think it came out to be 130 a night during value season (for a moderate resort). I think we're saving 20% off our room portion because it's during value season. I think the value resorts are 20% off as well, during value season. ( I believe it's 15% for regular season). But make sure you're getting the discount as there are only a certain amount of rooms availabe with a discount.
You can also book a 'room only' thru Disney Reservations and ask if a AAA discount is available ( if you don't want a package). I'm not sure what the percentage is off, though, sorry.
You can call and get some non obligatory (sp?) quotes from other agents, as well. I've heard good things about Dreams Unlimited and Small World(they can help you book your dining resies, too and see if any discounts come available later).

Also someone mentioned mousavers.com as an info source for saving money at WDW. She explains things pretty well. Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter