Where should we stay?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by obnurse, Feb 18, 2008.

1. obnurse

obnurse Earning My Ears

I am going to be 'stopping in' (LOL) this April. We will be visiting family, but we are going to surprise my daughter and drive up to Disney for 1 night. She is only 4, and I can't decide where to stay. We are going to only do MK the first day, and then AK the second.

I was leaning towards either AKL, WL or BC. There will be 3 adults and my 4 year old. What should we do? We will be taking a stroller to the parks if that makes a difference.

2. Native NYer

Native NYer DIS Veteran

I would go with a MK resort. Have you considered one of the monorail resorts?

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

-->

to hide this advert.
  4. Alicnwondrln

Alicnwondrln DIS Veteran

I would pick a monorial resort as well if you are concerned about the price the WL is also a good option.

Good Luck

5. dishm12/08

dishm12/08 Obsessing Over Our Disneymoon. One Day At A Time

I would say AKL with a savanna view if it's in the budget

6. cheerforchelsea

cheerforchelsea DIS Veteran

We recently stayed for the first time at the AKL lodge with a savannah view - it was wonderful - I only regret that my 7 year old granddaughter was not with me on this trip.......she would have LOVED it!!

7. obnurse

obnurse Earning My Ears

Dumb question, but what is the transportation from the AKL to AK? Is it close?

If I do WL, I could do the boar ride to the MK right? Is it much slower or worse than using the monorail (and staying at a monorail resort?)

Thanks for all your help!

8. npmommie

npmommie <font color=red>Channels George Michael in her car

I also vote for a monorail resort, for one night why not splurge? Polynesian is my vote. :)

9. MisunderstoodLilo

MisunderstoodLilo DIS Veteran

AKL or WL.

Either way, you're visiting the two parks that are the most farthest out. If you pick a resort near one, you still need to allow travel time to the other.

I would skip the BC/YC until you have a trip that includes Epcot. While they are goregous resorts, they are pricey if you don't plan on using their proximity to walk to Epcot or DHS.

Have a nice time w/ your daughter!

10. Gabrielsbigtrip

Gabrielsbigtrip Mouseketeer

It's a bus for AKL to AK. It's a quick trip.

We stayed at WL last May and fell in love with it. It was very nice taking the "boar" ride:rotfl: sorry - I couldn't help myself.....that would be one exciting ride!

Anyway I would pick the WL!!

Have fun!

11. obnurse

obnurse Earning My Ears

Laughing at MYSELF on the 'boar' ride LOL! I didn't even see that!

12. PolynesianPixie

PolynesianPixie Creating my own fairy tale realit

The WL & AKL are two goreous resorts!!!! You will love either! The proximity and excitement of the boat ride (notice I didn't say boar ;) ) of WL to MK kind of puts that one above AKL, to me.