Where Pixie-Dusted Birthday Dreams Come True! A July Trip Report! PTR Link! Pg. 116

I'm joining in (I've seen you on other TR's).

Hi, Kat! Welcome!!!

subbing! I can't wait to read. We are leaving in 14 days and surprising our DD5!

Welcome!!! You will have so much fun on your trip!

Joining in on the Pixie Dust report. Did you have to start the report with Mickey ice cream bars? I wish I had one now.

Hi!!! I wish I had one now, too! Too bad they don't travel well!

Welcome Home! :hug:

I'm excitted to hear what makes this the BEST trip yet....popcorn::

Lexi just said " can I get one of those Mickey ice crem bars....:rotfl:)

I can relate to the extreeme heat, it's been awfully humid here the last few weeks.

Yes we Canadians do have a summer and we do not live in Igloos all year....:lmao:

So I will look forward to the cooler nights in Florida. :woohoo:

Sorry Happydog looks like we made page 2....

Welcome!!! Lexi and you will definitely need to get Mickey bars! They are so good! It seems like it is really hot everywhere in North America right now!

I have been gone all day and I made page TWO???!!!????
UNBELIEVABLE!!!! :yay:

May not be page one, but I will take page TWO anyday :)

Jackie!!! great start! Love the mickey bar pics!

Hi, Happydog!!! Thanks -- I love those Mickey bar pics! Page two is almost as good as page one! :laughing:

I'm here, can't wait to hear all about the fun and festivities:)

Hi! Welcome! So glad to have you hear!

loved the previous reports. Gotta see how this one turned out.:cool1:

Welcome! Thank you! We had a lot of fun on this trip!

I'm here!! Love the pictures with the Mickey Bars!

Hi, Jill! Thanks! Every time I see those pictures, I get a craving for Mickey ice cream.

i'm here! ready for all the scoop! popcorn::

Hi, Dawn!!! There are lots of stories to tell!

I'm here!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, Cynthia! So glad you are here, and I am getting very excited about your trip that will be here soon!

I'm in!
I'll take a Mickey bar, too, please.:lmao:

Hi!!! I wish I had a whole box of Mickey bars!

WOOT!! I'm definitely in!!! Can't wait to hear more!!

Hi, Jen!!! You already know what we were doing Wednesday evening. :laughing:

Joining in:thumbsup2

I can't wait to hear how the long anticipated birthday trip turned out

Welcome!!! It turned out great -- can't wait to share the details!

I'm here!!!

I think you have to immediately go back to Disney and take your very own Mickey bar picture. Quick! Go!! ;)

Hi, Leslie! I like your idea! Wonder if I can convince Charles we need to do that!

Hi, Sheree!!! Glad to have you here!

I agree! That's some great advice!

I think it is something that needs to be done ASAP! :laughing:

CP, I was so far behind on your PTR that when I caught up (yesterday :sad2:) I found out it was no beach, back to Disney and you had already left! :eek:
Well welcome back and Happy Belated 13th to Chelsea. :bday:

Hi! Thanks for being here! Disney was sooo much better than the beach would have been!

I'm here!! And will be 'lurking' along hehehe;)

Hi, Paula!!! I always like knowing that you are "lurking." :lmao:

I'm here! :yay: Is Charles sporting a sticker from the barber shop because he was a good boy for his haircut? :rotfl2:

Hi, Denise! My lips are sealed from here on out about what happened on the trip. :laughing: Well, until I get to that part of the trip in the report. ;)

I'm here. Page three already!!!!

Welcome!!! So glad to have you here!

I'm in!!! I checked in yesterday and you weren't home yet and then I checked this morning and you were!!! Yayyy!!!! It's always nice to know that once you come home you don't have to walk as much! It's always bittersweet, but I know that your tr is gonna be magical!!!!!!!

Hi! Welcome! Yes, it has been nice to just sit and not have to be on the go all day long.

I read your PTR, but never commented. Thought I would join in here!

Let me just say that I was devastated when I read that your trip location was changed to the beach. Luckily when I read that, I was catching up on the rest and I found out a few minutes later that you were still going to Disney! :goodvibes

Can't wait to follow your TR!

Welcome! Yes, I am so glad you went to Disney instead of the beach!

im in too and in charleston to boot! lol

Welcome! I am always glad to have people from my hometown reading along!

I'm in! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Welcome! So glad you joined us!

I'm Here! Grey Goose Slushie in hand and ready for the party :cheer2:

Hi, Heidi!!! It was quite the party! :goodvibes

Jackie, I'm happy to be here in the land of your trip report! So exciting.

And I love the pictures, but especially you with all the gear. :lmao:

Hi, Kat!!! Yes, there were moments where suddenly I was the holder of everything. LOL!

I'm here!

Hi! Glad you have you here!

:woohoo::woohoo:You started!!! Can't wait to read all about itpopcorn::

Hi, Queen!!! Lots of fun adventures to share!

Hi Jackie! So happy to hear that you all had a fantastic trip...I can't wait to read all the fun details. My mom and I had a super trip, too! Now we are counting down to our family trip in February to AKL. :wizard:

Page 4 already?! Wow, look at your following Jackie! SOO can't wait to hear about Chelsea's Birthday trip!!! :banana:

I'm here and late! Too much non-DIS fun last night.
Now, I have to go back and read :surfweb:

Ok, all caught up now...
I love the Mickey bar photos. Hmmm I think a drive back for F&W in the fall for a photo would be a great idea.

I'm in, Jackie! I swear I posted last night but I guess I only did in my mind. I can't wait to hear all about it :woohoo:

Hi- sorry we didn't cross paths in Disney! Maybe next summer? I have to begin my TR, but I am stuck without a title!!! Ugh!

Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Hi Jackie! So happy to hear that you all had a fantastic trip...I can't wait to read all the fun details. My mom and I had a super trip, too! Now we are counting down to our family trip in February to AKL. :wizard:

Hi!!! So happy to hear you had a good trip, too!

Hi, Katie! Thanks for coming over!

Page 4 already?! Wow, look at your following Jackie! SOO can't wait to hear about Chelsea's Birthday trip!!! :banana:

Hi, Jess! We had lots of fun!

I'm joinin in. Can't wait to hear about your trip.

Welcome! Glad to have you hear!

I'm here!! Glad to hear you had a great trip:) Cannot wait to hear all about it.

Hi!!! Lots of stories to share!

Present and accounted for - now back to read!

Hi, Mary Ellen! You'll be glad to know that Charles was around for a lot of the trip. ;)

I'm here and late! Too much non-DIS fun last night.
Now, I have to go back and read :surfweb:

Ok, all caught up now...
I love the Mickey bar photos. Hmmm I think a drive back for F&W in the fall for a photo would be a great idea.

Hi, Jen! Did you have a great birthday? I would love to head back in the fall, but I don't think my finances would love it.

I'm in, Jackie! I swear I posted last night but I guess I only did in my mind. I can't wait to hear all about it :woohoo:

Hi, Meghan! I do that a lot, too! LOL!

Hi- sorry we didn't cross paths in Disney! Maybe next summer? I have to begin my TR, but I am stuck without a title!!! Ugh!

Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Hi, Debby! It took me forever to come up with a title. I thought about it all the way home, and then, decided on this one yesterday morning.

July 17, 2010

The day before we left for Disney World was Chelsea’s birthday. Between birthday celebrating and last-minute trip preparations, it was a very busy day.

Chelsea normally is one of the first people up in the morning, but on the day she became a teenager, she decided to sleep quite late. I guess now that’s she is a teenager, she doesn’t believe in getting up early.

001-29.jpg

After dropping Nala off at the kennel (the other two dogs stay at the house, and my dad comes over to take care of them), we headed to my parents’ for a birthday breakfast.

Chelsea wanted to do presents first. She received lots of goodies from Grammie and Gran’daddy.

A Japanese Kokeshi doll.
005-22.jpg

Japanese Origami paper dolls.
008-15.jpg

A vintage Little Genius doll. No birthday is complete without Chelsea sticking a bow somewhere on her face.
010-14.jpg

My mom always gives the other child a small gift. This year Connor was given a Polish chicken that she crocheted. He was in love with it, and promptly named her Alka (a Polish name he found on the Internet). She even came to Disney World with us although she spent the entire vacation in the hotel room.
007-13.jpg

Then, it was time to eat! Homemade waffles, bacon, and sausage! Yum!
011-13.jpg

012-8.jpg

Frank, is that you???
018-3.jpg

There was a bit of excitement when Connor lost a tooth in his breakfast.

Back at home, we frosted Chelsea’s birthday cake. She had decided she wanted a round cake that she could decorate with sprinkles. After struggling to assemble the two layers of cake, I realized there was a reason I never bake round cakes. What a pain! Not to mention I had to make another run to Walmart halfway through frosting the cake to get more icing.

Chelsea loves sprinkles! Luckily, everyone else does, too, since she got a little carried away with the decorating.
056-1.jpg

I can’t quite believe I have a teenager now!
057-1.jpg

My MIL, her husband, my SIL, her husband, and my niece and nephew came over for pizza and cake. Lots of laughter was had while Chelsea opened her presents -- with a withering look thrown in for good measure.

040-1.jpg

042-1.jpg

041-1.jpg

It was finally time for Chelsea to open her gift from us (her grandfather and grandmother also went in on it). It had been killing her wondering what it was, and she had tried multiple times to get us to tell her.

What could it be???
044.jpg

047.jpg

Her very own camera!!!
050-1.jpg

053-1.jpg

Chelsea cracked us up by videotaping us singing her Happy Birthday and blowing out her candles.
059.jpg

062.jpg

After gorging ourselves on cake and ice cream, it was time to call it a night! We had an early morning the next day!

Next stop: Walt Disney World! Well, actually about ten stops away would be Disney World.

what a fun birthday and perfect gift (that thankfully was found!). I hear you on layer cakes!!!!!!!!!!!!! No, you can't have too many sprinkles. Especially when you are 13.

I love how Chelsea has learned the fine art of sleeping in :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
The Kokeshi doll is adorable. And I love Connor's Polish chicken. I hope she enjoyed the CBR.

A new camera is a fantastic gift. Did Chelsea take lots of photos at Disney? I hope she was able to get one with Bo.

The cake looks great! I love all of the sprinkles.

Hi, Jen! Did you have a great birthday? I would love to head back in the fall, but I don't think my finances would love it.

I did! A white chocolate martini is my new favorite drink.
I'd love to go for MNSSHP, but I we only have one day off in October :sad2:
My principal agreed to let a few of us go to the NCTE convention in November, so I have a YC weekend to look forward to. But I guess I have to work while I'm there in between rides on Soarin' and TSM.

So in other words, you will not be the latest baker to have a show on TLC. I guess we won't be calling you the Charleston Cake Boss. I love the cake - its beautiful and homemade cakes are the best cakes in the world. :thumbsup2
:thumbsup2

What an awesome pre-Disney day Birthday. Chelsea looks like she had a fabulous day. BTW - yummy breakfast. I could eat that right now!

10 stops to Disney world......:sad2:....Oh NO!

What a fun day for Chelsea! I wish Brooklynn only wanted a round cake with icing and sprinkles! Instead I am making a Toy Story cake that I'm still designing in my head.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!