Where is your one non-Disney place that is magic to you?

Tough one. I love the ocean and I love the dessert so I'd be hard pressed to choose between the two. If I can't be on a dive boat out in the ocean, I love to be in the middle of the dessert. I've always told hubby when I die he has to take my heart on a dive trip and place it on the side of an underwater cliff and bury my ashes in the dessert. He seems to think that is going to be a problem.

Candle Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada. Great views, great fishing, great swimming, very few people, largely underdeveloped.
My Aunt and Uncle had a cabin (more like a shack) there in the 1960s. No indoor plumbing, no electricity. In the 1980's they tore it down and built their retirement home on the site with power and indoor plumbing although still no potable water.
It was a place I enjoyed and a kid, that I was later able to share with my wife and then our kids. Often during the week our boat was the only boat on the water. The lake is 51 square miles big.

The ocean, any beach at any time of year as long as I can hear the surf and stare off into the endless horizon. There is something so peaceful in being reminded that the world is so very big while me, and my concerns, are so very very small and don't make enough noise to even register a blip against one wave in an endless stream of waves. For me it is calming and when I am too far from the beach any body of water was magical but the beach is more so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter