Where is the line for FOP?

auntyjenn

Dreaming of Disney
I was just looking at the AK map and there are so many little trails around Pandora! Can anyone draw a little map for me of where the line will go for Flight of Passage? (or explain it really well) I know if you go the wrong direction at rope drop sometimes you can't walk fast enough to keep up with the line building!

Thanks!

You're going to enter Pandroa from the bridge near Tiffins and where the line will go will depend on the length but it will start towards Satuli Canteen then turn like it's heading out of the land towards the Festival if the Link King theater

Basically once you get to the bridge as described above, if you don't see the end of the line just start following the line markers on the ground and those will take you to the end of the line.

Basically once you get to the bridge as described above, if you don't see the end of the line just start following the line markers on the ground and those will take you to the end of the line.

Do people ever find it faster to enter the line from Africa (going through discovery island) I know sometimes thay line can back up almost all the way to Africa and it's hard to find the end of the line if you come at it from Pandora

Thanks for all the great answers! Also, if I want to do a child swap will I go to the entrance or will there be a CM at the end of the line? Thanks!

Do people ever find it faster to enter the line from Africa (going through discovery island) I know sometimes thay line can back up almost all the way to Africa and it's hard to find the end of the line if you come at it from Pandora
Lately, they haven't been letting people enter through Africa (marked "exit only" with CMs stationed there) - you have to walk through Pandora even if the line snakes back to the walkway to Africa.

Lately, they haven't been letting people enter through Africa (marked "exit only" with CMs stationed there) - you have to walk through Pandora even if the line snakes back to the walkway to Africa.
Thank you this is good to know!

Thanks for all the great answers! Also, if I want to do a child swap will I go to the entrance or will there be a CM at the end of the line? Thanks!
I'm not positive but I would assume you'd have to wait until you get to the entrance area of the ride. Ive only ever seen a CM holding up an end of line sign when it snakes back to the bridge. Not sure they can also handle the child swap there.

Here's my secondary point...not all "rope drops" are the same.

Are you going to be the 200th person actually in the park or the 1200th person in the park? If you're taking a WDW bus, how many people do you see there before you? How many cars in the parking lot? etc.

If you have to get in line past Satuli Canteen, don't. You can wait that long at any point through the day.

If you get to Pandora and the long has already begun to build for FoP, do River Journey instead then make your way to the Safari and come back later for FoP

I was wondering if that was a better idea! Especially for the extra people with me who aren't as.. zealous. Looks like dinosaur builds lines less quickly too. How about the Safari ride? When are the animals most active and how quickly does that line build? Thanks!

How about the Safari ride?

Generally, the animals are going to be more active in the morning and around dusk. BUT, early doesnt have to mean rope drop...with an 8am opening you can do it really anytime before 10am or so and have similar results but just make sure you're either ahead of of behind the people who thought they showed up at rope drop but really got there when the park opens.

If you are truly there at rope drop you will be let it before actually park opening (more like 7:30am or so) but safari is not one of the attractions that will be running at that time so most people won't flock there but it usually won't start till 8am.

Generally, the animals are going to be more active in the morning and around dusk. BUT, early doesnt have to mean rope drop...with an 8am opening you can do it really anytime before 10am or so and have similar results but just make sure you're either ahead of of behind the people who thought they showed up at rope drop but really got there when the park opens.

If you are truly there at rope drop you will be let it before actually park opening (more like 7:30am or so) but safari is not one of the attractions that will be running at that time so most people won't flock there but it usually won't start till 8am.

Also, the animals can change out during the day. In February, the giraffes and rhinos were never out first thing. They came out later in the day. Ditto zebras.

I did see the cheetahs and all three lions every morning safari though - that was new (I've often seen one or two of the female lions, but rarely the male, and almost never all three prior to this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter