where is crossroads/ 4 corners/ goodings?

jeast

DIS Veteran
I keep hearing things referenced by these major shopping centers. Where are they?

If you are leaving Downtown Disney, I believe you take a left and leave Disney property. At the light to leave Disney property, it's either across the street or to your left. Sorry I don't know street names.

Four corners is in the Kissimmee, Clermont area.
Goodings/Crossroads is the shopping center located by DTD. If you follow the road past the DTD hotels you will come to a traffic light. Straight ahead is the Crossroads/ Goodings.

Goodings at the Crossroads Shopping Center is on SR 535/South Apopka-Vineland Road in Lake Buena Vista. It's just off exit 68 of I-4 (if travelling west on I-4 take exit 68 and get into the right most lane at the end of the exit ramp, turn right onto SR 535, Crossroads/Goodings is about a quarter mile on the right with the turn at a traffic light; and if travelign east on I-4 also take exit 68 take one of the left turn lanes onto SR 535 and turn left, get over into one of the right lanes and continue about a half mile to Crossroads on the right - you'll cross back under I-4 along this stretch). And as others have mentioned, if you use Downtown Disney as your orientation point within Disney property, just turn left out of one of the DTD parking lots, then get over to middle lane on Buena Vista Drive, bear right onto Hotel Plaza Boulevard at the traffic light just after the SunTrust bank that's on the right and continue in the left lane along HPB as I believe that it is the lane that goes straight across SR 535 to the Crossroads shopping center, Goodings is on the left.

Dick Taylor

Just the standard warning for all out-of-towners, Goodings is ridicuously overpriced (and kind of dirty and unkempt). Two blocks to the left on 535 there is a far more reasonable Winn Dixie, or turn right on 535 then left onto Apopka-Vineland and visit one of the nicest Publix stores in Orlando. Either is preferable.

I'll second that. I've heard so much about Goodings---and I don't mind shopping at a store with higher prices, if it can provide quality and selection along with those prices. I walked into it for the first time this past July, and after looking around the poorly-lit interior, with water stains on the ceiling and floors, walked right back out and kept driving to the Winn Dixie.

I'll second that. I've heard so much about Goodings---and I don't mind shopping at a store with higher prices, if it can provide quality and selection along with those prices. I walked into it for the first time this past July, and after looking around the poorly-lit interior, with water stains on the ceiling and floors, walked right back out and kept driving to the Winn Dixie.

We haven't been to Goodings since the Wynn Dixie opened about 5 years ago. I'm sad to hear its gone downhill that badly. It USED to be a very upscale (and pricey) grocery/deli and was one of a chain of classy stores. They all closed down(bought out by Publix if I recall) except the Crossroads "Flagship". Guess its not what it once was anymore.

In general the Crossroads has been starcrossed. It opened as a very upscale plaza with the worlds biggest Disney store, Johnnie Rockets, Jungle Jims (GREAT at the time), and much more. Most of the big names closed or have deteriorated in quality/look - the replacements are OK but there are a lot of empty stores and it lacks the overall upscale look/feel it opened with. Oh well, things change.

Thanks! Staying offsite, I wanted to know where the larger retail/grocery areas were. I've heard about them all, but haven't encountered them since I've stayed onsite.

Great info. When DH asked me how I was going to find out where these centers were, I told him that if I posted a question, my fellow dissers would know. He is currently very impressed!

We're staying at Windsor hills.

Thanks for making me look smarter.

You will be close to a large plaza by the former Splendid China. It has a Marketplace grocery store (originally a Wynn Dixie but they split during the reorganization of that chain). You don't even have to fight with 192. Just turn left out of WH and then the third right (I think). It's on the left just before 192.

There is also the Orange Lake Publix. Left on Old Lake Wilson, Left on US 192, Right on East Orange Lake. That's always been my go-to place from WH, but I haven't tried the Marketplace yet.

There is also the Orange Lake Publix. Left on Old Lake Wilson, Left on US 192, Right on East Orange Lake. That's always been my go-to place from WH, but I haven't tried the Marketplace yet.

My preference is for Publix, too. And if you go down SR 192 about another 3 miles from this Publix there's another, larger Publix store. I like that Publix at Orange Lake but it seems be a smaller version than most Publix stores in the area and without the full breadth of product choices. The one that's down the road just beyond Liki Tiki and Summer Bay seems like a regular full-sized Publix to me.

Dick Taylor

The Marketplace on Formosa Gardens Plaza is pricey.

We go to the Publix at Orange Lakes, the new SuperTarget on Rolling Oaks (opposite Orange Lakes) or to the SuperWalmart on 27 just north of the 192.

I don't care for the "Marketplace," though I can't say why, exactly. About two blocks up, same side of the road, is a still fairly new Super Target that I highly recommend. Never crowded, full grocery store, very clean with a huge selection and great prices.

Never been in the Orange Lakes Publix (there's just too many Publix-es to hit them all!), but even the worst Publix is better than your average grocery store.

Stayed at WH in Nov. Loved it! Anyway we drove down to the Super Walmart and got everything we needed for the week. It was great and there were so many other food options near by. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter