Where in Norfolk, VA will the Magic be dry docking?

TinkerBellMom

Earning My Ears
I will have the opportunity to be in Norfolk VA while the Magic will be in dry dock in October. Does any one know where in Norfolk it will be located?? Also can you recomend a hotel near by. Does any one know if dry dock is Oct 1 to 10th or 1st to 14th? This is a city that I have not traveled in before and recomendations would greatly be appreciated.

I appreciate you good advice

TinkerBellMom

The dry dock is located on the river between Norfolk and Portsmouth. There is a new hotel (cant remember the name of it) in downtown Portsmouth, or there is a Sheraton in Norfolk on the waterfront. I think you should be able to see it from the Sheraton if you get a waterview.

Floating Drydock TITAN
http://www.baesystems-norfolkshiprepair.com/n_n_ds.html

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=norfolk+va&ll=36.834655,-76.292882&spn=0.008239,0.014596&t=h&hl=en

clearly visible from

Norfolk Waterside, or Harborside park, Sheraton or Marriott downtown

Portsmouth Renaissance or the seawall behind

If you drive into the city either direction on 264 or northbound 464 you will think you about to drive right into the ship.

If you want a 'free' up close look from the water, take the ferry between Norfolk and Portsmouth for $1.00. It leaves every 30 min and will cross right in front of the drydock.
http://www.hrtransit.org/ferryservice.html
you can stay on for a round trip...or all day!

FANTASY left the drydock on Sunday night and it is empty and waiting.

fork lifts are scurrying back and forth in TITAN setting the keel blocks.

A critical step in preparing for a lift.

Does anyone know an address of the surrounding area or of the hotel with the view? I want to travel down, but have never been in that area so i'm sure of the area.

Thanks,

Travis

Thanks a bunch! I knew I could count on a great bunch of DIS'ers to help me out! :goodvibes

BTW- Great photo Travis! We have sailed with Michael but never with Roy. My little Tinkerbell is jealous of your picture! Was that on the Panama Eastern?? We sailed the Panama Western--no big Disney names with us.

Thanks Again

TinkerBellMom

I have stayed at the Sheraton Waterside. If you have a water view room you will likely be able to see it from your room (depending on location) but you will be right near the dry dock area. I have not tried the Marriott but it is in the same general area. (We go to Norfolk and Waterside fairly often.)

Sue Ellen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter