Where in Disney's World June 2023 Exercise Challenge

Twilight Sparkle

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the June 2023 exercise thread! This month I'll be sharing where in the wonderful world of Disney I wish I were on any given day, and I encourage each of you to add your own wishes whenever you feel like doing so.

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal, and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. (You can post daily or just catch up when you can.) You decide what movement counts towards your goal - which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day.

Since June has 30 days, here are some common conversions:

15 minutes/day = 450
20 minutes/day = 600
30 minutes/day = 900
45 minutes/day = 1350
1 hour/day = 1800

One of the special motivations of our Disney exercise challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress.

10% - Beach Blue
25% - O'ahu Orange
50% - Pandora Purple
75% - Paris Pink
90% - Rome Red
100% - Galaxy's Edge Green

We’re officially starting this challenge on June 1, but if you don’t find this thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Participants:
Twilight Sparkle 2255/2200
PollyannaMom 655/600
sophy1996 1445/1400

Raya 246/600
Elizabeth Smith 400/400
BethisLucy 1010/1000

livih99 531/545
Oneanne 1355/1350

Team: 7897/8095 98%

Last edited:
And since it's late, and I'm getting tired, I'll just leave this little Disney wish right here:

disney-s-animal-kingdom.jpg

Right now, I'd love to be snuggled up in the bed in a Jambo House 1 bedroom villa at Animal Kingdom Lodge - knowing that the next day would bring so much fun!

I'd love to see or hear where in Disney's world you wish you were right now.

Well it's 54' and raining here, so my Disney wish would be to be back at Storm Along Bay instead:
stormalong bay.jpg
Going for 600 this month, which will take some doing since I don't have a Disney trip to load me up on minutes. It takes an annoying amount of work to make time for exercise in my regular life. So far 30 minutes of walking on June 1. I had zero energy but thanks to tourist season the only parking space was almost a mile from the knitting store. It's that time of year when you're almost better off just walking to where ever you're going around town... almost. By October you are definitely better off walking.

Today is an arts festival, and despite the dreadful weather I'll be out walking for an hour. If the rain isn't too bad I might just leave the car at home to get in some extra minutes. :)

Raya - 30/600

In for 1400 this month. So far 75/1400. My goal is to walk every single day of the month.

It’s been very rainy here (I think the news said we had more rain in May than several other major cities, including Seattle and Portland, combined) and today is no exception. I’d like to be back in the sunshine at Disneyland!

6A699A1E-6B0F-4D13-8A07-7392029C456E.jpeg

Kudos to everyone for getting minutes on the board already! I am so loving your pics and thoughts about where (Disney related) you'd currently like to be!

It is blazing here this weekend, and I feel like I deserve gorgeous views and an ocean breeze if I'm going to be this hot so today I'd rather be at Aulani!

1685831583473.jpeg

Ahhh! To be there with a cold drink in my hand. That would be the best!

Ahhh Aulani. I wish there was a way to get there without the 11 hours in a plane... sigh. 21 minutes walking around in the cold, wet yesterday. Someone told me June isn't summer in New England, and with 49* and constant rain all day, I believe it. Might hop on the treadmill later, might just make hot cocoa and pout. :P

Raya - 51/600

Had my follow-up appointment with my doctor today. (It's hard to believe Charles will be 6 weeks old tomorrow.) I've been cleared to resume all regular activities, so I'm back in for June. I'll shoot for 400 minutes this month. Hoping to start toning up my lower body so I can get some of my old pants on again. 😅

We're looking at a bunch of blue today!!! Congrats to Twilight Sparkle, PollyannaMom, sophy1996, livih99 and the TEAM for reaching Beach Blue!!!! :beach::beach::beach::beach::beach:

And a beach still sounds good to me, so this time I'm happy to imagine I'm at DVC's Vero Beach Resort:

images

And I think I'll splurge on an ocean view room!

Hoping you all had a great weekend! Where in Disney's world will this week find you?

Had my follow-up appointment with my doctor today. (It's hard to believe Charles will be 6 weeks old tomorrow.) I've been cleared to resume all regular activities, so I'm back in for June. I'll shoot for 400 minutes this month. Hoping to start toning up my lower body so I can get some of my old pants on again. 😅
Welcome back!!!! So glad you are here again and hoping all is well with you and Charles. You've both definitely been on my mind!

Ahhh Aulani. I wish there was a way to get there without the 11 hours in a plane... sigh. 21 minutes walking around in the cold, wet yesterday. Someone told me June isn't summer in New England, and with 49* and constant rain all day, I believe it. Might hop on the treadmill later, might just make hot cocoa and pout. :P

Raya - 51/600
Your weather sounds fantastic to me! I wish I could say June isn't summer! I'd even take the rain. We had a cold front come through here after a storm this afternoon. It dropped 22 degrees to 73! I actually felt cold and was loving it! Lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter