Where has the park hours gone?

Andy Clark

Earning My Ears
After looking on the my disney experience app I noticed that the park hours this summer are not as long. MK staying open till only 9pm a lot of nights and 7pm one night in August I seen. Anyone have any info on this?

The 7pm night in August may be for MNSSHP. There's speculation that the party is going to start on 8/25 this year because 8/25 & 8/29 are both listed as 7pm close; that's a Fri & a Tues, which are typically MNSSHP nights. Otherwise, Disney should extend the hours about a month out.

The 7pm night in August may be for MNSSHP. There's speculation that the party is going to start on 8/25 this year because 8/25 & 8/29 are both listed as 7pm close; that's a Fri & a Tues, which are typically MNSSHP nights. Otherwise, Disney should extend the hours about a month out.
8/25?! That's getting a little silly! They are really trying to fill up those last quieter couple of weeks of August aren't they, F&W being extended and more Halloween parties.

Well I know when we went back in October the app had the park hours etc. I'm just wondering why the have the MK closing at 9pm and the AK closing at 11pm on some of these summer dates. I'm hope like some of you said that the times will change etc but it's strange to see AK closing after MK

After looking on the my disney experience app I noticed that the park hours this summer are not as long. MK staying open till only 9pm a lot of nights and 7pm one night in August I seen. Anyone have any info on this?

the 15th-17th the month before is when they've been adjusting for about the last year.

however, don't expect midnight and 1am closes. Some days might but they like to have it get dark, do the night entertainment and close the park these days. they won't close without the dark for the night show but it may not be much past that it's opened.

This happens every year. We always go in August and they've been extending hours in July.

In the past when we book FP for rides, which is 60 days prior to the date, the park hours have been posted etc.

I'm just wondering why the have the MK closing at 9pm and the AK closing at 11pm on some of these summer dates. I'm hope like some of you said that the times will change etc but it's strange to see AK closing after MK
Pandora and Rivers of Light will be open! They are two highly anticipated additions to AK and what will help draw a crowd later in the evening, ultimately making AK more than a "half day park." Without an evening parade at MK anymore, who knows how late they plan to extend the park hours. There will likely be extended hours released closer to the dates in question though.

We just stayed in December and noticed the park hours didn't go up until a month prior as other posters have mentioned

Having to book ADR with no longer having good hours to go by and booking FP+ before final hours release .... kinda makes the hopper addition more valuable. By time they change the hours too late to change plans so many will pay the extra pure profit money for hoppers.

:scared1::scared1: Anyone else think starting MNSSHP in August is just ridiculous!??!!! (But I also think starting the Food and Wine before Labor day is a bit much!! )
Why don't they just keep ALL the decorations for ALL the holidays up!! We could have Easter eggs along side pumpkins with Christmas wreaths on them and American Flags for ornaments!!! :eek::eek:

Is this a pretty recent thing Disney has started doing? Not releasing actual hours until about a month out? Does anyone know why they started doing this?

:scared1::scared1: Anyone else think starting MNSSHP in August is just ridiculous!??!!! (But I also think starting the Food and Wine before Labor day is a bit much!! )
Why don't they just keep ALL the decorations for ALL the holidays up!! We could have Easter eggs along side pumpkins with Christmas wreaths on them and American Flags for ornaments!!! :eek::eek:
Yes kind of silly having Halloween in August :crazy2: Maybe it is some other type of event.

More money to offer a special event rather than just keep the parks open later for the day guests.

Pandora and Rivers of Light will be open! They are two highly anticipated additions to AK and what will help draw a crowd later in the evening, ultimately making AK more than a "half day park." Without an evening parade at MK anymore, who knows how late they plan to extend the park hours. There will likely be extended hours released closer to the dates in question though.
I'd think that they'd still keep MK open late to take some of the pressure off AK though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter