Where do you stay?

angbatiato

Earning My Ears
Thinking about staying off-site. Looking for some extra room for my family. DH and I are going to be taking our twin 1y/o boys in mid-March and would love to be able to stay somewhere that will give us a little privacy once the boys go to sleep.

Where do you/would you stay :)

Thanks

There are so many choices that it's hard to know where to start. Most important is that you will need a car. There are condo properties in the Disney area like Vistanna, Cypress Point, Bonnet Creek, many Marriott properties. There's also subdivisions with condos, townhouses, pool homes like Windsor Hills, Emerald Island, Windsor Palms etc. You can rent from the owners on these sites:
http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/florida/central-disney-orlando/kissimmee
www.homeaway.com (for Kissimmee)
You may have to try a rental company like www.allstarvacationhomes.com or http://www.floridasunvacationhomes.com/
It would be easier to find availability since you haven't got much time.

Map:http://www.thedibb.co.uk/villa-map.php

Lots of choices but if you're going in mid March of this year you don't want to waste any time finding something because things have been booking up fast.
Good Luck! :)

Check out lazybonesvillas.com. The family that owns this is from my hometown and I have heard it is awesome. Sounds very convenient for those with little ones. Thanks

You will get the extra room and privacy for your family by renting a pool home offsite. If you want to be close to Disney, then the Formosa Gardens area is great - Windsor Hills, Emerald Island, & Windsor Palms are three nice gated resort communities there.

You might also look into Caribe Cove. It's a brand new condo resort, so they might still have availability for mid-March. I know the units all include a pack-n-play and a high chair, which you might find helpful.

Last year we stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites. Rooms were nice and the kids loved the pool. The reason we stayed there is because it was rated highly by tripadvisor.com and it has free breakfast. That's huge. This year we're staying at the Galleria Palms hotel. Once agian, free breakfast and the rooms have all been updated. So I hope it is as good as it looks.

I highly recommend Cypress Pointe Grand Villas throught hotelkingdom.com A really good price and nice big condos.

We have stayed at the Staybridge Suites LBV, and it is very nice. There are typically 6 of us (extended family) so we get the 2-bedroom 2 bathroom unit. I know they have 1 bedroom units as well. They have a kitchen area and a seperate living room, which is great for letting the kids take naps while the adults watch tv. Plus Staybridge Suites offers a free deluxe continental breakfast. And there is a nice pool and hot tub too. :goodvibes

We always stay at Windsor Hills. The owners we use are www.disneyneighbor.com. Great rates, clean place - never been disappointed.

Once we tried the comfort of an offsite condo, we will never go back to the confinement of a hotel room when we go to Disney.

We've stayed at the Sheraton Vistana 6 times, Cypress Pointe, Silver Lakes Resort, Summer Bay, Mango Key and Buena Vista Suites (only one night). We've never had a problem with any of our stays.

We did a one bedroom suite at Caribe Royale for $89/night last year. It was clean and nice, the pool has a water slide and waterfall and we loved it. It was a much better deal than any of the Disney hotels and it was about a mile away and so easy to get to Disney. At least you could put the kids to bed and watch TV in the living area. It wasn't huge but it was good enough with 2 queen beds. Their website is Cariberoyale.com and there are lots of pics.

CaribeRoyale is the sister property of Buena Vista Suites. I'm fairly confident you can stay at BVS to get the free breakfast but use the pool at CaribeRoyale.

jmho but I would never rent a pool home with 1 y.o. children. It's just too easy for accidents to happen. I wouldn't trust any kind of alarm either. We didn't stay in a pool home until our boys were proficient swimmers.

I checked into these condos a week ago. I was leary because the agency doesn't show photos of the condos. The email said they get assigned a week before check-in. Well, with everyone scheduling different dates, wouldn't they pretty much have to assign condos to people well in advance? Why don't they show any photos? You said you were happy with them? Their prices are great, but I'd love to know more about their condos (what building #, what floor, etc.). Any info or photos you might have to share would be great.

We always stay at Windsor Hills. The owners we use are www.disneyneighbor.com. Great rates, clean place - never been disappointed.

Once we tried the comfort of an offsite condo, we will never go back to the confinement of a hotel room when we go to Disney.

We stayed at the Residence Inn Sea World a couple years ago and it was great, a one bedroom gives you a open kitchenette/living area, and a seperate bedroom with 2 queens. It also offers a great free hot breakfast which would have lots of options for picky toddlers. The pool and hot tub area were also very nice, and it was across the street from Sea World, and within 5 miles of Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter